Goodwill Central Texas
Join our Goodwill Team and earn a $750 New Hire Bonus!
Established in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region, and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our vision is to empower every Central Texan to transform their lives through work and education. Join the team whose work empowers people to transform their lives.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION:
Goodwill Central Texas is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in which all employees are valued for their skills, experience and unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company policies and in the way we do business. Working together as a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to our success.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The Career Case Manager supports the basic needs and service coordination for GCTA Students seeking assistance with education, job training, and employment related services. The Career Case Manager will work closely with students in developing goals for training, education, and employment including assistance with soft skills, resume building, interview preparation, and other career readiness components. This position acts as the point of contact for students enrolled in GCTA courses to provide support and promote successful course completion, and certification and employment rates. The Career Case Manager will also be responsible for monitoring students’ progress and address any concerns related to attendance, participation, grades, and classroom behavior. This includes providing continued programmatic follow-up supports post-graduation. The Career Case Manager should possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills and be detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Maintain student caseloads by supporting students’ development with respect to resume building, job applications/job searching, interviewing, and employment related soft skills. Maintain frequent contact with students in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
- Develop, in partnership with clients, a strengths-based/solution-focused individualized career plan that identifies short and long-term goals and resources that support clients on their path towards their education, training, and employment goals. Track and document goal acquisitions and support clients in their transition to next steps according to their individual career plan.
- Monitor attendance, grades, class participation/behavior, and any instructor concerns/feedback on a regular basis. Address student concerns or issues in a prompt and timely manner. Provide consistent support to at-risk students. Intervene effectively and ethically in crisis situations, developing applicable interventions and follow-up plans to thoroughly address immediate and future needs while maintaining safety.
- Apply extensive knowledge of regional labor market needs and trends which will support an evidence-based career path for clients.
- Coordinate with appropriate social services professionals in delivering services necessary to support clients in achieving employment stability.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all clients through ECM and other required client tracking databases. Strictly adhere to all data entry requirements set forth by Goodwill and other funding sources. Adhere to confidentiality protocols related to electronic and paper files and documents.
- Engage in team meetings to provide relevant updates on caseload and student trends. Participate in ongoing training and professional development opportunities.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with GCT Career Advancement Team to connect client with career advancement trainings and the Business Solutions team to connect client with employment opportunities.
- Participate in and contribute to community collaborations and inter-agency discussions that further the Goodwill mission and student goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Vocational Rehabilitation, Education, Human Services, Counseling, or similar/related field required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of client assessment skills, community resource coordination, career planning principles, employability skills, and crisis intervention.
- Effective at multi-tasking, flexible, and adaptable to changing work priorities and schedules.
- Ability to gather and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with student demographic, especially at-risk students or non-traditional students.
- Knowledge of best practices in serving marginalized populations (e.g. homelessness, re-entry, opportunity youth, disability, etc.).
- Texas Driver’s License, good driving record, liability insurance, vehicle in good working condition to travel on work related business in order to meet client location/service delivery needs.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, Vocational Rehabilitation, Education, or Human Services.
- Professional licensure issued at conclusion of Master’s degree program listed above (e.g. LMSW, CRC, LPC, LMFT, etc.)
- One or more years of experience providing case management services to underserved populations and/or related experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish, ASL, Arabic, Farsi).
- Health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 403b match
$20/$22 hour, depending on experience and qualifications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. We maintain a drug-free workplace and certain positions perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.