CASAC 2 – Bi-lingual
Counseling Services of New York LLC – Bronx, NY
$48,000 – $53,000 a year
Counseling Services of New York (CSNY) is an OASAS (New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services) licensed 822 non-intensive outpatient chemical dependence program in the South Bronx.
CSNY is hiring a full-time on-site CASAC 2’s to work the following unique schedule:
Mondays through Fridays, 11:00AM to 7PM, Monday through Thursday, and 10AM to 7PM Friday…with 60 minutes for lunch (off clock). 36 hours total a week.
This position is hourly and includes overtime compensation for any hours worked per week over 40 hours. This position includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain caseload of approximately 20 clients.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to OASAS regulatory guidelines for “822” outpatient clinics.
- Develop individual Treatment Plans and attendance agreements for assigned clients.
- Obtain all necessary consents from assigned clients.
- Complete treatment plan updates for assigned clients within designated time frames, per regulatory requirements, focusing on progress toward treatment plan goals and objectives
- Provide individual and group counseling, per program’s curriculum and individual clients’ treatment goals and objectives.
- Monitor attendance of assigned clients, per individual attendance agreements.
- Provide telephone and written outreach to assigned clients, as needed, to address attendance concerns; document all such outreach accordingly.
- Communicate with referral sources (e.g., parole officers, probation officers, etc) to share information about assigned clients’ participation in treatment, as well as progress toward treatment goals and objectives.
- Write letters to courts for court-mandated clients, as often as needed, to provide court with updates regarding assigned clients’ progress toward treatment goals and objectives.
- Ensure assigned clients submit toxicology specimens as often as indicated in individual treatment plans; monitor lab results and report problematic results to referral sources, as needed.
- Participate in weekly Case Conferences, as well as periodic Utilization Review and Incident Report review committees.
- Utilize CSNY’s Electronic Medical Record (“Welligent”) program for all documentation.
- Assist co-counselors with individual counseling for other clients (i.e., not on own caseload), as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications must include at least one of the following:
- CASAC 2 (credentialed alcoholism and substance abuse counselor) who has a current valid credential issued by the Office, or a comparable credential, certificate or license from another recognized certifying body as determined by the Office)
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 /year
- Bronx, NY
- addiction counseling: 2 years
- Spanish and English
Required license or certification:
- CASAC 2
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $53,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location