Swan Hospice is looking for CHHA ( Certified Home Heath Aid ) with Hospice experience to join our team.
We provide quality hospice care to patients in skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and in private homes. We treat residents, families and loved ones with kindness, respect, compassion and dignity. We have a comprehensive team that can provide support and stability to residents and staff.
- Assists with the prescribed exercise and ROM activities which the resident/patient and Hospice aide have been taught by the Hospice Nurse.
- Provides assistance in toileting; positioning and transfer activities, frequent turning and positioning of a bed bound resident/patient.
- Provides or assists in ADL activities; personal hygiene, grooming, mouth, skin care and nails.
- Assists or reminds the patient to take medication, in compliance with regulations of appropriate regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Assists with light housekeeping of individual’s personal unit or room, including changing of bed linen, if needed and patient laundry.
- Feeds and assists with meals.
- Obtains temperature, pulse and respiration as supervised by the Hospice Nurse.
- Reports any changes in resident’s/patient’s condition to the Hospice Nurse and, if in a facility, to the facility nurse and documents the information , including the date and time of the report and the person receiving the information.
Ideal candidates will have:
- HHA License in the state of NJ
- Understands the hospice philosophy
- Minimum of one year experience working in hospice
- Dependable transportation
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.