- Use strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand risks and recommend structure which sufficiently protects JPM’s interests in various structured transactions.
- Interface extensively with the Infrastructure Finance and Structuring team to conduct due diligence. Perform financial statement analysis and modelling, technical and markets analysis in order to assess the creditworthiness of counterparties and make recommendations as to appropriate structure, exposure levels and risk grading.
- Actively involved in the negotiation of credit terms and in analyzing and synthesizing third party consultant reports and engineering construction and procurement development plans and progress.
- Perform ongoing due diligence and financial analysis for a portfolio of counterparties including credit approval memos and reviews, ongoing counterparty and industry credit analysis, monitoring of trading limits and appropriate credit ratings, and negotiating documentation revisions.
- Prepare and present to senior management a quarterly risk review that details exposure metrics analyzing key trends, drivers, and concentrations.
- Provide oversight on work efforts of junior team members, providing guidance where needed to ensure quality of various credit processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college required, preferably in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- 2-3 years of professional work experience in financial services preferred. Prior experience in infrastructure, credit/counterparty risk, and derivative products strongly preferred.
- Strong sector experience across energy and infrastructure assets and with negotiating highly structured credit documents
- Strong financial modeling ability and familiarity with financial statements (including ability to analyze capital structure, profitability, project build costs and cash flow).
- Knowledge of technical aspects and analysis on credit standards, contracts, cash flows, budgets, construction reports, operating reports, etc.
- Supporting portfolio management, including analyzing amendment and waiver requests, assisting with monitoring periodic credit approval renewals.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and ability to think abstractly. Strong organizational skills, ability to learn quickly, and a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of front office processes and ability to balance necessities of credit risk management with commercial requirements. Ability to build rapport and influence change.
- Excellent communication (written, oral, and listening) and interpersonal skills; the ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently while also being able to work effectively in a team environment. Desire and willingness to take ownership of various credit risk responsibilities.
- Candidates must be highly proficient in Excel (including analysis/control of large datasets), PowerPoint, and Word.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.