Smith & Nephew
Assembles and packages medical products using one piece flow methodology in a Lean environment using but not limited to the following methods:
- Verifying components for count, quantity and revision
- Read and understand drawings and process summaries
- Generate and affix labels to properly identify materials
- Clean components using Alcohol cleaning procedures in preparation for assembly
- Assemble products manually or using fixtures
- Seal products using various heat sealing machines such as pouches, trays and poly bags
- Box and package product for shipment to sterilizer
- Trimming, molding and annealing packaging and inspection for molded components
- Measurement of product per drawing/inspection instructions
- Support automated machines
- Complete training in prescribed timeframe
Work in a team environment using the following skills:
- Communication both verbal and written
- Listening and reaching consensus with others
- Participating in continuous process Improvement activities such as 5s and Kaizen events
Complete and understand documentation need to comply with company policies, Quality Manual and procedures including but not limited to:
FDA, QSR and various domestic and international standards and regulations
Company policies and procedures.
*Perform other job related duties as assigned
Education and Training/Certification
High School diploma or equivalent.
0 – 1 years within an assembly, quality, or inventory/material control role.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum of 1 year experience within a production or quality control role in an FDA regulated manufacturing environment.
Medical and Dental benefits, Long-term and Short-term disability, 401K and generous Paid Time Off.
Care, Courage, and Collaboration! These are the pillars that we stand on. Are these values shared by you? Then we need you on our team!
We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mansfield, MA 02048: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Packaging: 1 year (Required)
- Assembly: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.