Based in either NYC or Washington, D.C., TEGNA’s Client Solutions Strategist is an experienced, solution-oriented marketer with proven success in, and a deep understanding of, integrated marketing media and advertising, including broadcast, digital, podcasts and OTT. This position is responsible for partnering with sales executives and other internal departments (insights, design) to develop and execute world-class, integrated advertising solutions for high-value clients, both nationally and locally. You’ll work closely with sellers, product, and members of the Ad Sales Marketing team to uncover opportunities for incremental revenue among new clients and share growth (and retention) among existing customers.
Compensation Range: 90k-100k
- Partner with national and local sales executives to identify winning strategies that yield new or increased business from high value and multi-market clients
- Leverage your knowledge of media (broadcast, digital, podcasts, OTT) to proactively create integrated marketing programs and proposals that effectively position our solution suite through collaboration with creative, insights teams, and regional sales partners
- In collaboration with sales, participate in presentation meetings to clients at the C-Suite level as needed
- Partner with TEGNA’s creative team and product marketing colleagues to develop multimedia assets as part of pre-sales and deal fulfillment initiatives. This includes writing creative briefs, submitting creative orders, providing timely feedback, etc.
- Collaborate with TEGNA’s insights team to incorporate actionable insights in the development of original client solutions.
- Collaborate with sales partners and internal teams to ensure a high level of service is delivered and our program execution is flawless, delivering projects in an OTIF fashion (on time, in full) whilst ensuring our deliverables are on-brand.
- Continuously mine for best practices and case studies to share across the country
- Offer guidance, advice, feedback and expertise in a timely manner as a strategic resource to our local stations
- Balance the continuous creation of proactive revenue-generating ideas/packages with reactive responses to RFPs
- Fulfil additional duties and responsibilities as may be assigned to ensure the success of TEGNA’s client solutions and B2B marketing efforts. This may include supporting the development of specific B2B marketing campaigns tied to the TEGNA brand, products, or programming.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Advertising, or a related field of study
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales and marketing with a proven track record in developing creative solutions for clients
- Must be experienced in advertising and media ecosystems, including television, digital media, and advertising technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations to c-level executives
- Excellence in extemporaneous thinking real-time problem-solving
- A highly self-motivated individual with a positive attitude and proven record of accomplishment in navigating matrixed organizations to drive results
- A solutions-oriented team player with the ability to lead and influence cross functional teams to deliver integrated solutions
- Proficiency in MST Office Suite – PPT, Excel, Word
- Open and honest communication skills and a willingness to give and receive constructive feedback
- While no vertical experience is required, candidates with knowledge of categories relevant to the local media category may receive extra consideration.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
New York, NY
Marketing, Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.