Aegis Health Services Preventive Pharmacology
JOB SUMMARY The Remote Clinical Pharmacist is responsible and accountable for reviewing patient records, including Problems, Allergies, Meds, Labs (metabolic and molecular) to provide risk-reducing medication therapy recommendations for treating providers.
Pharmaceutical care services include but are not limited to assessing patient needs, incorporating age, laboratory diagnostics (including CMP, Lipid panels, A1c, culture & sensitivity, molecular tests for infections, pharmacogenetic tests, among others), and disease-specific characteristics into drug therapy and patient education, recommending and or adjusting appropriate care according to patient response, and providing clinical interventions to detect, mitigate, and prevent medication adverse events.
The PharmD will alert prescribers about Missing/Outdated Labs, Duplicate therapies, Missing Drugs, Drug interaction pairs/sets, Dosing changes due to metabolism and/or drug burden, Additional diagnostics that would be indicated such as pharmacogenetic tests, molecular ID, etc., and any supplementation/nutritional considerations noted for the patient.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains expertise with evidence-based best practices and regulatory standards to provide medication review, reconciliation, and counseling.
- Able to conduct motivational interviewing during remote patient encounters if necessary
- Ability to manage time independently and meet quality and productivity standards
- Confidence in and ability to explain the impact of clinical pharmacist quality outcomes.
- Ability to implement stewardship activities independently.
- Deliver direct patient care encounters (if any) with proper documentation to meet current billing and regulatory requirements.
- Able to work as a productive member of a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with healthcare providers to provide patient-centered care to the specification of the site.
- Identifies high-risk patients and implements interventions to improve quality outcomes.
- Makes appropriate evidence-based, patient-centered medication recommendations.
- Facilitates experiential education and practice advancement.
- Maintains proficiency in pharmacist provider roles and actively emulates education/mentorship skills
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy. Doctor of Pharmacy or other advanced degree highly preferred.
- Completion of ASHP accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency.
- Completion of PGY-2 Specialty Pharmacy Residency is preferred.
- Clinical pharmacy experience (2-4 years) in a hospital setting preferred (required if no PGY-2 residency).
- Knowledge of contemporary hospital/clinical practice and service.
- Significant knowledge and expertise in advanced pharmacy practice, specialty medication therapy management, and specialty evidence-based medicine in area appropriate for clinical assignments
Salary commiserate with experience and productivity ($50-75/hr)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 – $60.00 per hour
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Home Health
- Infectious Disease
- Pain Medicine
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- Pharmacy residency: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospital: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Pharmacist (Required)
- Licensed Pharmacist (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.