Title: Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Remote (Travel to Princeton, NJ on as needed basis)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to System, Storage and backup administrators.
2. Conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
3. Develop, document, recommend, and communicate plans for investing in technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities. Participate in the development of systems architecture strategies in collaboration with the leadership team.
4. Create and maintain documentation as it relates to Virtualization, Storage, Backup configuration – as is and to be.
5. Responsible for supporting solution & project implementation, by maintaining an enterprise-wide view and a deep understanding of technology and business needs
6. Effectively establish new business capabilities and that current solutions are fully optimized – work as part of overall architecture to ensure new solutions are designed for long term growth
7. Analyse and translate infrastructure requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives
8. Design and deployment of architecture and determine infrastructure hardware sizing aligned with the historical growth and future growth projections aligned to strategy, roadmap, IT policies, and standards
9. Architecture, design, and implementation of enterprise-class storage solutions
10. Lead in the analysis, design and implementation of future migration and consolidation
11. Solution design including requirements gathering, capacity planning, security hardening, performance tuning, and audit compliance
12. Research, evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies to improve service and reduce cost
13. Perform capacity planning, upgrades and expansion of enterprise IT infrastructure
(Computer, storage, backup, virtualization, etc.)
14. Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in support of assigned projects
15. Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and new technologies aligned with the IT
Infrastructure Architecture roadmap
16. Function as the technical liaison between R&D and infrastructure teams, providing critical insight to design and strategy, including validation of ongoing solution supportability
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Familiarity with visualization and user interface technologies
2. Presenting to a variety of audiences through use of various mediums such as whiteboarding, phone / video conference, stage, etc.
3. Comfortable engaging at all levels of a customer’s business, from working with senior/C- level leadership to guiding IT-specialists and developers on building solutions
Qualifications and Skills Needed:
- BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree with technical background highly desired.
- The right person will possess 10+ years progressive experience in infrastructure technologies, designing architecture and demonstrate a solid understanding of compute, virtualization, storage, backup/recovery, replication, disaster recovery, applications design for performance, security and cloud technologies (in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS).
- The successful candidate will have spent at least 5+ years of their career in customer facing roles with a proven record of earning trust as well as effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and in interactions with partner and customers
- Expertise in Public/Private Cloud predominately in AWS/Azure
- Experience in Kubernetes
- Experience in VMware
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Expertise in preparing technical documentation
- Expertise in designing HA, DR, Backup and retention architectures
- Passionate about new technologies and willingness to research and self-study to keep technical skills relevant
- Proficiency in building scalable and available IaaS/SaaS/IaaS solutions
- Experience with deployment orchestration and standard DevOps tools
- Experience with network fundamentals such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Routing
- Experience in Linux & Windows administration
- Working knowledge of on-prem and cloud Database technologies
- Experience in running proof of concepts and developing reference architectures
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Netapp storage
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Cloud infrastructure: 10 years (Preferred)
- Azure / AWS: 7 years (Preferred)
- IaaS, PaaS, SaaS: 7 years (Preferred)
- Kubernetes: 5 years (Preferred)
- Storage: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.