Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job Title: Column Formulation Tech II
When your part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
This position is responsible for the production of various columns and related consumables and works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Under general supervision, reads bills of material, discrete jobs and production procedures then performs assembly, packing, equilibration; testing using various ion chromatography equipment, and embalming of columns and related consumables. This colleague follows written and verbal instructions using common laboratory equipment when performing the following duties.
What will you do?
- Handle chemicals and solutions, eluents, and waste in a safe and appropriate manner. Approximately 50% of the daily activities will be spent handling chemicals and mixing solutions.
- Follow production schedule; develop knowledge of a significant portion of the product portfolio; working on up to 3 products at a time.
- Maintain production records on all products packed, assembled and tested.
- Record daily quantities, yields, and discrete job status.
- Inform the Production Lead immediately of any material shortages and/or production issues.
- With appropriate assistance, perform basic to moderate troubleshooting and maintenance of production/test equipment.
- Operate computer system to check revision.
- Fill out Rejection and Store Transaction forms as needed.
- Fill out time sheet daily.
- Assist teammates in achieving goals, often requiring multi-tasking.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated ability in the preparation of chemical solutions, standards and the use of common laboratory equipment.
- Candidates with 1 year of college chemistry with 1 year of chemical laboratory experience or 1 to 2 years of related laboratory experience or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to concisely communicate with the Production Lead and Production Supervisor to accept daily assignments and to report any relevant production-related information throughout the workday.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering team to improve quality and/or throughput of products.
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.