WOODMONT Real Estate Services
Woodmont Real Estate Services is a premier asset and property management company, we’re proud to offer Northern California over 50 years’ experience managing a diverse portfolio of commercial and multifamily properties. We’re renowned for our hands-on management approach, marketing know-how and in-depth knowledge of submarkets throughout the region. It’s what’s allowed us to create unique strategies that are truly custom to each property.
Our mission is to provide superior service, professionalism and respect to everyone who lives and works at the properties we manage. It’s just one of the many ways we are constantly working to exceed our clients’ expectations.
Woodmont is seeking an Accounting professional who will be responsible for the processing financial statements for multiple individual properties, each their own accounting entity. This position will be working with the Commercial Division at Woodmont.
Principal Accountabilities and Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintain separate general ledgers for each assigned property. Properties are processed in a variety of ways: cash basis only, accrual basis only or both cash and accrual basis. The number of assigned properties is dependent upon the complexity of the property accounting, CAM, the type of building and the number of tenants. Each Property Accountant could be responsible for the processing of up to 15 separate financial statements each month for different ownership entities.
2. Maintain tenant database:
a. Input lease abstracts (new leases and amendments).
b. Input cash receipts.
c. Input tenant charges and changes/adjustments.
d. Process move-outs and security deposit refunds.
e. Prepare estimated and actual CAM reconciliations (quarterly and annually).
f. Review rent rolls and delinquency reports.
g. Process monthly tenant statements for mailing to tenants
3. Handle general accounting: review A/P Prelim report for coding and description accuracy, G/L account analysis, journal entries, bank recs, management fee calculations, reconciliation of scheduled rent to actual rent billed, amortization and depreciation schedules if required.
4. Maintain cash records for each property and perform cash management functions.
5. Prepare monthly financial statements for property owners based upon their individual reporting requirements. Meet due dates which range from the 2nd business day through 25th of each month.
6. Daily interface with property and regional managers. Work closely with other commercial property accountant team members and our A/P Specialists.
7. CAM reconciliations are done using a variety of methods: primarily in MRI but a few in Excel.
8. Maintain property files including insurance, property tax and mortgage documentation on Excel for prepaid, accrued and amortization.
9. Other duties as assigned
1. Education/Experience: 4 year Accounting degree is required. At least 1 year of property accounting experience would be helpful but is not required. Must have Excel knowledge at intermediate level.
2. Language Ability: Effective oral and written communication skills with property managers, A/P Specialists, coworkers, and management. Ability to read and comprehend reports and invoices. Ability to write basic correspondence.
3. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
4. Computer Skills: Must have Excel knowledge at intermediate level, as well as Microsoft Outlook and Word. Software used: MRI
5. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, bonuses, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, and proportions to practical situations.
6. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required
The Organization offers a competitive compensation package and health related benefits including, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Plus a 401(k) plan, vacation and sick plans and more!
Woodmont is an E-Verify employer and will provide your Form I-9 information to the authorized government agency to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information, please visit E-Verify.
Don’t wait. . .send your resume today.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.