In order to further our commitment to our core values and our community, 12 News (KPNX & KNAZ-TV), is seeking a Community Engagement Manager. This position will drive community outreach through successfully developing and managing station partnerships, community outreach, inclusivity efforts and overall community impact.
This action-oriented strategic position is not only a key liaison between 12 News and the community, but works closely with non-profits, provides perspective internally in support of community concerns, giving particular attention to being a bridge of advocacy and positive change.
- Keeping the leadership team informed by staying current on legislative issues and engaging regularly with community leaders on matters of importance and concern in and for the community.
- Making actionable recommendations to the leadership team based on feedback from the community, current and pending legislation, and other research.
- Brainstorming with the Marketing staff and other department heads to create effective on-air and digital support for community issues and sponsorship
- Participating as a member of the Executive and Marketing Committees to determine long-range goals for 12 News, allocating station dollars to non-profit fund-raising events, and coordinating the station’s representation at functions.
- Create scalable, rapid response, and long-term grassroots engagement strategies that meet the needs of the community and align with the station’s values and strategic objectives
- Develop fundraising events and sponsorships and will be essential for deepening existing sponsorships and establishing new ones
- Creates strategic plan for audience engagement
- Provides regular input and feedback as key stakeholder to support inclusive journalistic storytelling strategy with news leadership
- Advocate for coverage of and engagement with underserved communities in Arizona
- Provide leadership in planning, aligning, and implementing strategies aimed at improving community outcomes and increasing effectiveness of community investments through a thoughtful tracking system.
- Maintain and deepen relationships with community stakeholders to advance mutually beneficial goals
- Improve and build-up systems to track and measure program effectiveness and work towards community goals
- Negotiates mutually beneficial sponsorship terms and executes all supporting documents
- A strong passion and understanding of journalism
- Skills in maintaining, managing, and growing external relationships
- Ensures sponsor compliance with sponsorship agreement
- Attends events and serves as point of contact for sponsors
- Compiles and provides sponsor with copies of subsequent publicity and develops appropriate thank you letter and after-action reports
- Fulfillment and tracking of sponsorships
- Identifies advertising vehicles to market under marketing program.
- Develop and implement all aspects of major fundraising events including management of event committees and meeting of fundraising goals
- Coordinate a variety of donor stewardship events throughout the year, including on-site and off-site events
- Manage event vendors and coordinate event-related contracts and vendor agreements
- Possesses knowledge of corporate sponsorship and stewardship
- Has strong writing and oral communication skills
- Has ability to recruit, train, and manage volunteers and volunteer committees
- Possesses excellent organizational and people skills
- Is proficient in planning, executing, managing, monitoring, and recording of remote events.
- Has ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team, and effectively and professionally work with all constituents
- Can react to rapidly changing situations
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.