Hanul Family Alliance (Korean American Senior Center)
Position: Community Health Program Coordinator
Employment type: Full-time
Office Location: Suburban Office (1166 S Elmhurst Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056)
- Provide short-term care coordination services, education and connection to resources to clients to improve their health and general well-being.
- Work with funding partners to carry out various community health projects.
- Coordinate and implement various health education workshops, seminars and vaccination events.
Individual Client Assistant
- Assist clients in accessing health related services, including but not limited to: obtaining a medical home, providing instruction on appropriate use of the healthcare services, overcoming barriers to obtaining needed medical care and /or social services.
- Develop individually-tailored plans and goals for clients by conducting intake and assessment.
- Conduct regular check-ins (in-person or remote) with clients based on the client’s initial goals, intake and assessment.
- Collect, analyze and report client data as required by Hanul and funding agencies.
- Educate clients on the proper use of the healthcare system and provide adequate coaching for effective management of chronic health conditions and self-care.
- Make referrals to other service departments at Hanul Family Alliance (ie. Home Care, Mental Health,
Public Benefit Assistance Program) as well as outside organizations and agencies.
Community Health Program Management
- Coordinate workshops, seminars, classes and free health screening and vaccination events in collaboration with other health organizations.
- Conduct and participate in community outreach events to promote health services and educate community members
- Recruit program participants by making and distributing flyers, conducting community outreach, requesting media ads, etc.
- Prepare and submit reports required by funding agencies.
- Provide assistance with various health research projects by recruiting research participants, managing data collection and attending training, events and workshops in collaboration with research institutions.
- Attend training and meetings applicable to different health programs.
- The position requires successful completion of the requirements for bachelor’s degree in public health, social work, psychology, sociology or other related field from an accredited college or university; or 2 or more years of equivalent experience in the field.
- Korean speaking ability is preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of governmental and non-governmental programs and community resources preferred.
- Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply: Submit a resume and a cover letter.
Visit Our Website: www.hanulusa.org
All staff, volunteers and clients inside the Hanul office buildings are required to wear a mask at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Masks required on site for all staff, volunteers, and clients.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mount Prospect, IL 60056: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Korean (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.