1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The role is responsible for providing strong project management and detailed analytical support for a broad range of compensation activities and projects for a $5 billion revenue global organization.
This role will conduct routine and complex analyses in all areas of global compensation programs including: job evaluation, salary, annual and long term incentive programs, sales compensation, recognition, etc. The role will provide analytical support to executive compensation design and related governance/compliance, including proxy reporting and Board/Committee materials. This role will also be involved with various global projects in the area of global compensation such as: aligning programs to market, global harmonization opportunities, incentive design, streamline and simplification efforts of our programs/processes and supporting M&A integration.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze Company financial performance vs. peer companies and the broad market to evaluate pay-for-performance linkage.
- Provide detailed analytical support to Leadership Development and Compensation Committee (“LDCC”) meetings including complex modeling and ad hoc benchmarking analysis.
- Conduct detailed analysis of Proxy Officer compensation scenarios in preparation of Proxy Statement disclosure; update and refine Proxy Officer total remuneration summaries.
- Prepare executive compensation proposals and develop salary recommendations to ensure internal and external competitiveness.
- Keep track of governance trends and market practices and assist with insights preparation.
- Provide analytical support on special projects and initiatives.
- Own relationship(s) with key external vendors/partners related to executive compensation and benchmarking.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of global tools and processes to ensure compensation is aligned to market and aligned to Xylem’s compensation philosophy.
- Assist with compensation projects to ensure alignment to Xylem’s business/people strategies, appropriately positioned to market and increased harmonization, as appropriate. Help with the inventory of effectiveness assessments and design of incentive and reward programs.
- Provide support for salary administration programs, reviewing changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy.
- Help gather data and conduct pay for performance analysis for our sales compensation plans. Provide support and recommendations to improve the design and administration of our current sales compensation programs.
- Audit evaluation of positions and application of existing classifications to individuals.
- Help with data audits and processes to ensure ongoing quality of compensation data in our HR systems.
- Assist in developing and updating the salary structure.
- Be involved in other key HR projects, such as HR analytics, DE&I, and development of compensation and administration tools, as needed.
- Provide benchmarking education and training to shared service and HR colleagues.
- Work closely with the field businesses and HQ functions to look for ways to streamline, simplify and ensure flawless execution of Xylem’s compensation programs. Continuous improvement is a priority to strive for flawless execution and increased focus in effective communication
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus in finance, economics, accounting or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in: executive and broad-based compensation, financial or related experience within a large, global organization
- Expertise in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Exceptional operational, strong analytical and problem solving skills, along with effective communication skills
- Familiarity with financial statements
- Results oriented, highly motivated, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Proven ability to conduct in-depth data analytics
- Consulting & Business Partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Creating organizational capability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Effective communication
- Inspiring accountability
- Know the business
- Managing & leading change
- Prior compensation consulting experience
- Prior experience with technology/IoT industries
- Bloomberg and HRIS experience (Workday preferred)
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $100,000 to $125,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.