Avanath Capital, LLC
Join a dynamic organization, we are quickly expanding and growing! Avanath is proud to be named one of top property management companies to provide affordable housing for the work force.
Cultivating the American Dream is the purpose that binds the Avanath team. At Avanath, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life. Whether it is helping residents call one of our communities’ home, providing excellence in customer service, or championing our workforce, we are committed to creating an unforgettable experience as a great place to live, work and be.
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to be employed by Avanath.
The Role : This role is responsible for the leasing, marketing, and maintaining positive resident relations within the community.
You Are A+ ! Aptitude, Advantageous, Authentic, Aspiration and Ambition
- An Aptitude for Connecting. You have a knack for creating a sense of community, as well as the drive to go the extra mile to create a spectacular experience for prospects and residents. Your success and purpose are driven by the relationships that you build.
- An Advantageous Approach. Involving or creating favorable circumstances that foster success and effectiveness.
- An Authentic Attitude .At all times, on any given day, regardless, you are relatable and approachable to residents and teammates.
- An Aspiration for Follow-up and Follow Through. At all times, regardless, you do what you say you will do. You over deliver.
- An Ambition to Support Residents and Colleagues. There is no “I” in team for you. You are an active listener and understand that your participation and support are integral to the success of Avanath, ensuring that each prospect and resident feels seen, heard and valued.
- Perform file audits and identify errors and/or missing documentation.
- Conduct site visits to review resident files and implement standardization of pending and recertification files.
- Keep a log of files audited and files to be audited.
- Follow up with community managers on file audits, ensuring corrections have been completed.
- Prepare for and attend affordable and LIHTC audits performed by state and regulatory agencies.
- Review applications and determine eligibility for the affordable housing program for the specific communities within our portfolio.
- Field incoming inquiries from site staff with questions directly related to income and asset eligibility, rents, and property-specific compliance requirements.
- Assists with implementation of new rent and income limits and with utility allowance calculations.
- Assists with HUD annual rent increases, contract renewals, and utility allowance changes. Assists with tracking monthly HAP requests and the payment process, including correction requests.
- Other duties as required
Adherence to Property Management Rules, Regulations and Guidelines
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s)
- Complies with Avanath’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the property’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act and all other laws pertaining to the apartment industry.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- This position works within the community, which may include accessing residents’ units for life and safety matters and a normal office environment. There may be contact with residents, employees, and the public. Due to the potential exposure risk, the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. The incumbent in this is classified as essential staff and is expected to report to work and adhere to all safety and business protocols established during the pandemic. Please be further advised that Avanath does require proof of Covid-19 vaccination and temperature and symptom monitoring to assist the teams and communities in minimizing risk of exposure. Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to be employed by Avanath.
- Two years of experience in LIHTC recertification or leasing.
- Must be able to multi-task well, all within specific time constraints.
- A COS and/or TCS or similar certification is a plus but is not required.
- This position requires organization and great attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must be proficient with computers – knowledge of Yardi property management software is a plus but is not required.
How Avanath Supports You We know that our teams are the heart of our success and growth, and we are committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Culture Built on Purpose and Core Values – A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Comprehensive Benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k), personal time off, paid holidays and more!
- Growth that is based on achievement and an emphasis on promoting from within our ranks versus just external candidates
- Development – a commitment to creating opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge in the industry from online training platforms to training classes to one-on-one coaching
Diversity & Inclusion
Avanath Capital is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have, and Diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) are at the very core of Avanath’s operating and investment philosophy. We believe that bringing together people with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, talents, and experiences at all levels of our organization, including the executive team, enables us to proactively and creatively achieve our mission to enable opportunities for hard-working American families. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part our culture, our reputation and our achievements. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. Our organization’s diversity initiatives include—but are not limited to—our practices and policies on recruitment and selection; compensation and benefits; professional development and training; promotions; transfers; and the ongoing development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
COVID vaccination required for employment
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.