Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
Monday – Friday 12:00pm – 8:00pm*
The Conference Services Specialist reports to and is supervised by the Senior Manager Conference & Concierge Services, under the wider supervision of the Operations Support Director and the Conference & Concierge Services Manager. This position serves as a primary on-site conference room reservationist, coordinating requests and ensuring the successful booking process. This position supports all client service needs and serves as back-ups to other departmental needs as needed.
This position is at the forefront of conference room customer service and serves as the initial point of contact for any requestor to support attorney, staff and client needs. As such, they must exhibit a consistently high level of outgoing, upbeat and yet professional demeanor. This position’s duties are related to three general areas: (i) customer service, (ii) communication, and (iii) oversight of meeting room reservation and related booking needs.
- Professionally address and follow up on all guest and client queries, requests, and general conference room reservation and support. Ensure all guest and client needs are attended to in a welcoming manner, and that their needs are proactively, promptly, and expertly addressed.
- Respond to requests at a “platinum-level” client service support level, including assisting with any of their administrative needs.
- Review reports and requests daily, and throughout the day for changes. Ensure all requests and request changes are recorded, passed onto the supporting departments as needed, and followed-up on, as necessary.
- Manage conference room activities, through various forms of communication, in coordination with department management.
- Organize and communicate to appropriate team members related to any special concierge-related meeting needs or requests (e.g., meet-and-greets, client-sponsored functions using conference rooms, etc.), which may involve working “behind the scenes” to ensure that all issues and needs are promptly resolved and are seamless to the customer.
- Arrange for administrative and logistical support for clients and staff as related to conference room and meeting needs. Work with department management and others to identify the ongoing needs for staff and/or services. Reallocate workloads, working independently and/or with the team, as appropriate to meet deadlines.
- In coordination with the department management, address issues with partners, clients and/or other entities toward a satisfactory resolution.
- Manage and maintain excellent relationships with all entities who support conference services and needs (e.g., Multimedia, Maintenance, Dining Services, Concierge Services, IT, etc.), and provide functional guidance and follow-up as needed.
- As requested, complete daily, weekly and/or monthly statistics on usage, needs, issues, etc., and distribute them to department management and/or other relevant parties.
- As requested, assist and/or partner with the Events Department and/or clients on special events or related needs.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience of reception and/or conference service experience in a large, matrixed legal or professional services environment.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with conference room booking software (e.g., ESP2000, Rendezvous).
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint highly desirable).
- Customer service-driven and must possess a strong sense of urgency and responsibility to see request or needs to end of completion to ensure excellent results.
- Superior organizational, follow-up, and trouble-shooting skills maintained in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Confident, composed, self-motivated, enthusiastic, adaptable, able to delegate, and complete assigned tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong listening and questioning skills.
- Excellent negotiation and judgment skills to navigate challenging requests.
- Efficient time management of multiple projects, demands and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, analyze and problem-solve, quickly and accurately.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Organization Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
Work Locations 1285 Avenue of Americas, New York, NY 10019-6064
Job Posting Jun 15, 2022, 4:30:10 PM
Location: 1285 Avenue of Americas,New York,NY 10019-6064, New York, NY 10019
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.