– Technology Assessments – Risk & Brand Protection
Confidentiality & Privacy is seeking an experienced Manager to contribute to strategic priorities and mitigation of confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. This role will primarily support the operational processes in evaluating technologies for confidentiality and privacy risks, as well as participate in key strategic priorities of C&P. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly build subject matter expertise in the US Firms’ confidentiality and privacy policies while providing impactful contributions to technology risk management. He or she will be expected to participate and manage confidentiality and privacy initiatives designed to safeguard confidential information (CI) and protect Deloitte’s brand and reputation.
Work you’ll do
Technology Risk Management
- Lead Privacy Impact Assessments. Review systems in development, identify vulnerabilities, and recommend controls to implement. Update and track activities methodically with relentless attention to quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Conduct risk assessment of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things, and cloud solutions and follow-up on progress of remediation activities.
- Work closely with IT professionals to monitor systems throughout the system development lifecycle for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Serve as the subject matter expert who business teams can turn to and rely on for timely and impactful guidance regarding confidentiality, privacy, technology and risk.
- Coordinate with leadership and key stakeholders to complete assessments.
- Prepare and present analysis for leadership/management.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the US Firms’ businesses and enabling areas to provide quick response and guidance based on potential risks to Deloitte.
Confidentiality & Privacy Strategic Priorities
- Participate in and lead projects to implement or enhance the US Firms’ confidentiality and privacy programs. Activities may include development of training and awareness materials or support for other high impact C&P initiatives.
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of technology solutions to enhance confidentiality and privacy processes and mitigate risk.
- Support confidentiality and privacy program assessments and system reviews of confidentiality & privacy risks.
- Review and advise on technical requirements, vendor solutions, and data protection features of applications and systems utilized and/or delivered by the Deloitte US Firms.
- Provide expertise and support to data analytics efforts to identify insights, potential risks, and mitigation strategies.
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients. That’s why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Confidentiality & Privacy
Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P), led by the Chief Confidentiality & Privacy Officer and Managing Director, Confidentiality & Privacy, is a steward for Deloitte’s reputation. In that role, C&P is responsible for the development and deployment of a comprehensive program to mitigate confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. The team is highly collaborative, and individual contributions are measured relative to team contributions. C&P is organized around key service areas, which include:
- Policy, Privacy Regulatory & Data Governance
- Insider Threat
- Incident Management
- Strategy and CI Program Direction
- Technology Assessments
Required Education & Experience
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems cybersecurity, or related field or significant industry experience required
- MS Cybersecurity, MBA, or advanced degree required
- 7-10+ years of related experience, including a minimum of 5 years in Risk Management, Privacy cyber security, or Privacy by Design
- Demonstrated track record of adding value through a combination of deep technical expertise, professional judgment and process/program/project ownership.
- Knowledge of technologies used to collect, share, access and use personal data such as cookies, web beacons, data warehouse, and web analytic and decision support software.
- Experience with privacy platform software preferred
- Familiarity with cyber threats and potential impact on business
- Knowledge of U.S. privacy legislation such as HIPAA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA, FCRA, GLBA, stated privacy laws, state data breach laws and the capability to apply regulatory requirements within an operational context
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now, or at any time in the near future.
Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to Covid-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
Required Professional and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated track record in sound judgment, investigation, strong attention to detail, and persistence in following/driving incidents to conclusion.
- Excellent organizational, communications (oral and written), problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service orientation – our clients expect and deserve high quality work products and effective resolution of identified issues.
- Executive presence, strong facilitation skills.
- Remain calm while retaining your ability to influence others in high pressure situations.
- Highly collaborative work ethic with demonstrated agility and strong teaming skills.
- Strong project management skills while exhibiting an ability to multi-task across various initiatives and activities.
- Quick and eager learner to apply new skills and technologies in a results-oriented manner.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office products to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification required
- Work Location: Any Deloitte US office location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.