McKenzie Construction & Site Development LLC
McKenzie Construction is seeking a Construction Director to join our team. We offer a competitive salary package with paid holiday/vacation time, free health insurance, a 401K plan, and more. As a fast-growing private company, we’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills and proven experience tackling the industry’s greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
The Construction Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the timely and cost-effective installation of contracted work. This will include either: 1) the total project or due to size, scale, and complexity 2) a particular scope(s), subcontractor(s), or other portion(s) of the project.
- Provide on-the-job training opportunities for Superintendents and Project Engineers.
- Encourage and/or participate in staff training and development.
- Develop a plan for the sequence of work. Develop and organize the project schedule to assure all work is in place in accordance with contract documents.
- Have working knowledge of owner contracts, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all critical path material and equipment.
- Know submittal schedule.
- Update project schedule monthly and in accordance with contract documents.
- Control field costs for McKenzie Construction and subcontract work. Supervise field workforce to assure all work is put in place in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Schedule and monitor field productivity.
- Have a good working knowledge of equipment.
- Implement a safety program. Conduct regular safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company, contract, and government standards. Take remedial action when required.
- Implement the company’s safety policies and procedures, and corporate QC policies and programs.
- Assist in the resolution of scope conflicts.
- Participate in project management functions.
- Assure punch list is completed in a timely manner.
- Participate in putting together estimates, proposals, and marketing presentations.
- Must have US Work Authorization. Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree REQUIRED. Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or a related discipline is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with a large-scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience
- Experience building government projects successfully from start to finish.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Experience with a large-scale commercial contractor or equivalent industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $190,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Industry: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.