Supports Bank performance, profitability and reputation by ensuring excellent customer service and an efficient online presence.
Provides customer sales and service by different channels (telephone, email, website, etc.), while assuring a pleasant and professional customer experience.
- Receives incoming telephone calls and other communications and develops a friendly and professional rapport with customers.
- Answers questions related to deposits, withdrawals, payments, and additional customer requests on a timely basis.
- Documents and enters information in related systems.
- Effectively handles customer complaints and/or directs them to the appropriate person as it relates to other bank services.
- Identifies sales opportunities and provides recommendations to customers about products and services when applicable.
- Achieves productivity goals such as the number of calls handled each day and average call length, demonstrating ability to adapt and perform during high contact volumes.
- Follows up with customers in connection with service requests or other inquires.
- Communicates with customers through different channels to welcome them to new services or to assess customer satisfaction.
- Provides support for the Bank’s Internet and Electronic Banking products and services, including website presence.
- Interacts with customers to troubleshoot Internet and Electronic Banking issues; ensures timely response and resolution.
- Assures adherence to Bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Provides cross-functional support to other areas of the department and the Bank where service or assistance is needed.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Mandatory Training Curricula
Training is required of all Bank staff as related to regulatory mandated compliance topics and courses required for specific job functions. Career enhancement training courses are also available. Please refer to course catalog and management for details.
Competencies (refer to Competencies Library)
- Clearly communicates in English (proper diction and grammar), and Spanish is helpful;
- communication ability including active listening and customer service skills;
- basic mathematics skills;
- proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills;
- time management and organizational skills to effectively multi-task;
- working knowledge of bank retail products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products;
- moderate knowledge of current banking regulations;
- moderate PC skills, including Microsoft Office software;
- basic web navigation skills and experience.
The physical and related demands described in this section are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This job is mostly sedentary in nature, but may occasionally involve lifting files and other materials that weigh up to 20 lbs. Employees in this job must be able to work in an office environment during regular business hours where they come into regular and frequent contact with internal and external customers and other members of the public. Therefore, employees in this position are expected to have consistently positive interactions with the public.
A high school diploma, or equivalent, or higher degree.
A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in related positions normally required. Previous banking experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.