Haymarket Media Inc. is seeking a dynamic, Elite-level Content Producer to join PRWeek. This role will oversee the operation of PRWeek’s burgeoning custom content operation. This job will report to the New York, NY office.
Gone are the days when partner content meant a clunky advertorial in a print magazine. PRWeek’s commercial partners now expect their content to be on the same level as the brand’s primary editorial output – and they are increasingly buying into content and convening opportunities that help them meet their business objectives.
As PRWeek’s custom content lead, you’ll have a vision of how to best help our clients achieve their goals. You’ll do this by creating compelling, high-quality assets that build audiences and satisfy the objectives of Fortune 500 brands and the biggest agencies and tech vendors in public relations – an industry that has never had such a high profile or demonstrated such an ability to add value.
Leading from the front, you’ll create videos and websites, write ebooks and articles, create live and virtual events and produce podcasts that bring products, personalities, issues and companies to life. You’ll also commission a team of in-house and freelance storytellers.
- Play a leadership and partnership role in working with the PRWeek editorial team and other Haymarket Business Media Group departments to maximize the effectiveness of crucial revenue-generating brand programs including the PRWeek Awards, Salary Survey, Best Places to Work and Agency Business Report.
- Work with the sales staff of PRWeek to create activations to bring to our clients, as well as ideas based on what our clients tell you they’re trying to achieve.
- Lead from out front: Writing, editing, directing, producing, Tweeting – everything a modern storyteller does.
- Have the opportunity to convene PRWeek audiences and moderate live panels and roundtable discussions at external industry events including Cannes, SXSW, CES and Advertising Week, as well as activations in key markets such as New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Boston, Minneapolis and more – plus virtual roundtable and webcast environments.
- Oversee creation of PRWeek partner content including videos, articles, graphics, roundtable talks and panels at events. Responsible for tone, accuracy and quality.
- Interact with clients on creation and execution of contracts, work schedules and edits of content.
- Ideation and creativity.
- Recruit speakers, panelists and quests.
- Moderate and/or host live events such as panels, roundtables as well as half-day conferences (virtual and in-person).
- Contacts within brands/corporations and PR agencies.
- Execute events including half-day and roundtable conferences.
- Work with sales staff to create marketable ideas, and aid in the sales process.
- Contribute to PRWeek editorial initiatives with revenue implications, such as awards, surveys and honorific programs including Best Places to Work.
- Represent PRWeek at industry events.
- Travel required.
- Five to seven years of content creation experience, impeccable client-relations skills.
- Innate curiosity about communications and marketing.
- Operational Experience.
- Respect for processes, but a discerning eye for how to improve systems.
- Rolodex of freelancers.
- Commercial sense to match your content skills.
- Ability to listen to clients and deliver compelling content for them.
- Ability to work with multiple internal departments firmly but graciously.
- Ability to move seamlessly from one task to the next in the course of a day.
- Sense of humor.
- A work ethic that allows you to work when the work needs to be done.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.