Thermo Fisher Scientific
Position Title: Continuous Improvement Manager
Requisition number: 212414BR
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
At Microbial Material Services (MMS), a new Business Unit within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Pharma Services Group, we deliver, from process development through commercial supply, the expertise and resources necessary to help clients deliver innovative plasmid-based therapeutics as critical raw materials, drug substances, and drug products. Placed in the forefront of our leading- and cutting-edge Cell and Gene Therapy businesses enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable diseases as their CDMO of choice.
How will you make an impact?
- Lead/work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization at all levels.
- Improve the decision-making model and problem-solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change.
- Provide ongoing Lean support to multiple teams.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the Business System further.
How will you get here?
- Passion for driving improvement and leading change in a complex, global environment
- Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence leadership and all levels of the organization
- Able to drive strategic thinking and continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- A holistic thinker who can look enterprise-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- High ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, operations or business(highly preferred) with evidence of operational, leadership. In Lieu of a Bachelors degree a combination of equivalent education/experience will be considered.
- 5-7 years’ experience leading continuous project/ process improvement initiatives.
- A Lean Six Sigma expert with extensive experience and a ‘hands-on’ track record of implementing successful TPS-based business systems including elements such as Lean Leadership (Daily Management, Leader Standard Work, and Gemba Walks)
- Strategy Deployment and Value-stream mapping
- Kaizen events on standard work, cell design, process and product 3P, Value-Analysis/Value Engineering, error-proofing, material flow, Heijunka, and Kanban.
- Expertise in problem-solving utilizing a formal program/process
- Use of SPC and Variation Reduction tools
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering year-over-year results using metric-driven problem solving.
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams, Self-directed leader with a proven ability to manage/influence across and up into the organization without direct reporting responsibility.
- Plant Management experience is a big plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Six Sigma Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one global team of 100,000 colleagues, we share a common set of values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement – working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.