Therapist LAC or LISAC
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
Under the general direction of the agency’s Clinical Director, the Therapist is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of the Clinical Director. The Therapist also maintains a safe and efficient working and treatment environment per company policies, procedures and best practices; communicates effectively with the treatment team to ensure safe, quality care is provided to all patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Complete initial intake; biopsychosocial assessment, screening tools, consents, and subsequent documents under admission guidelines.
2. Provides direct support services to include engaging patients in Group Lecture, topics related to 12-step recovery, health and wellness promotion, and crisis management.
3. Psychoeducational groups/lectures with patients to evaluate the nature of their presenting problems in order to determine their needs and develop appropriate treatment plan goals.
4. Documents patient’s participation and progress in progress notes.
5. Prepares progress notes, event notifications and other documentation regarding patients in accordance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
6. Facilitates coordination of care to include case review, therapeutic interventions, and patient progress in treatment.
7. Completes other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree
- Meets qualifications of a LAC or LISAC
C. 1-year full time experience in the field.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED
- Knowledge of software programs for personal computer use, especially word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge and experience in 12 step program and with substance abuse patients.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to carry out assigned projects to their completion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, gaining cooperation and resolving conflicts.
- Ability to plan and organize case workload, manage deadlines of him/herself.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate ethical professional standards and demeanor, including the confidentiality of employee and patient data, patient boundaries, and other sensitive information.
- Demonstrated competence with, and continued commitment to respect for cultural differences and diversity, protecting patient rights.
- Recognition of the limits of one’s own professional expertise and the willingness to seek supervision and/or support, as needed.
- Makes clinical and organizational decisions with the patients’ and agency well-being and best interests in mind.
- Provide treatment that promotes patient dignity, independence, individuality, strength, privacy and choice, recognizing the unique needs of the patient population served by the agency.
- Provide the behavioral health services that the agency is authorized to provide and that the staff member is qualified to provide.
- Recognize obvious symptoms of a mental disorder, personality disorder, or substance abuse.
- Identify types of medications commonly prescribed for mental disorders, personality disorders and substance abuse, and the common side effects and adverse reactions to medications.
- Recognize, prevent and respond to a situation in which the patient may be a danger to himself or others, behaves in an aggressive or destructive manner, is experiencing a crisis situation or medical emergency.
- Recognize and respond to fire, disaster, hazard, and medical emergency: and
Allegro Health, LLC is an at-will employer. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate manager or other management as required. Allegro Health, LLC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master’s (Required)
- Addiction counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- LAC or LISAC (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.