The COVID-19 Health Safety Manager will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set in conjunction with the Health Safety Supervisor, Unit Production Manager (UPM) and other department heads. Depending on the complexity of the project, more than one manager may be needed. The individual will receive training and technical guidance from a Production Safety Specialist. The COVID-19 Health Safety Manager will report to the COVID-19 Health Safety Supervisor with dotted line to Risk Management.
· Advise production on COVID-19 best practices in health and safety
· Assist in COVID-19 health and safety implementation in the workplace according to legal guidelines
· Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to regulations
· Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
· Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
· Work with departments to implement social distancing protocols for office/workspaces
· Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
· Track, order and distribute supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.) per Health Safety Supervisor direction
· Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
· Assist in the managing staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
· Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
· Work closely with Set Medic
· Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
· Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by Health Safety Supervisor
Desired Technical Skills
· At least 3 months experience as a COVID-19 Health Safety Manager on a television or film production
· Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
· OSHA Health & Safety Experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· Have strong technology skills (navigate a cell phone, tablet, laptop computer and applications)
· Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge
· Must have strong English skills (Bilingual a plus)
· Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
· Ability to manage and effectively communicate escalated issues to UPM and Safety
· Ability to advise and guide UPM and production to implement changes necessary in a timely manner
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
· Must be able to work well in a team environment, a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
· Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
· Highly creative and driven to problem solve
· Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
Vigilant EHS Solutions are experts in Environment, Health and Safety. We protect your most valuable resources, People, Brand and Budget, delivering increased value to your business.
We work with our partners to address challenges ranging from EHS organization strategy, and COVID compliance, to your day-to-day tactical issues. Vigilant EHS partnership means you can be as efficient and effective as possible.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Do you have at least 3 months experience as a COVID-19 Health Safety Manager on a film or television production?
- How many years of TV/Film production experience do you have?
- On what date are you available to start?
- Are you fully vaccinated for COVID-19? If not, are you willing to get vaccinated?
- Are you willing to travel (domestically and/or internationally)?
- Do you have a current and valid passport?
- Are you familiar with the Return to Work Agreement for film/television?
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.