The Creative Director is considered the right-hand person to the Director of Marketing. While they report to the Director of Marketing, their role is spread across marketing, news & sales. The Creative Director is responsible for conceptualizing, creating & executing visions for key marketing projects, news concepts/franchises, and sales initiatives. The Creative Director will have a deep understanding of the station brand and work in lock-step with the Director of Marketing to ensure all station creative elements tell the brand story in a memorable way that drives results. This person observes KPNX products from a viewer perspective and evaluates the set of experiences the station offers—from commercial to content to .com and everything in between.
The Creative Director values inspiration, innovation, and collaboration. This person is a forward-thinking individual, who displays strong initiative. They act with boldness to elevate our stakeholder touch points across departments. They collaborate with respect and positive energy.
- Lead creative process for campaigns and projects including concepting, production, and post-production
- Produce/write/edit high-quality creative for brand marketing, community, and advertisers
- Identify and execute new creative opportunities that “raise the bar” and grow audience
- Mentor and develop marketing producers to do their best work
- Ensure designs and content reflect the brand consistently and positively; be a steward of the brand
- Anticipate problems that may impede a project from completing on time and implement solutions
- Head sweeps/special projects planning & execution
- Lead visual design strategy across station
- Align with Sales for client strategy solutions
- Oversee video production technology to ensure department is staying current with equipment and managing media / file storage systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in broadcast television or at a corporate marketing/creative agency
- Sharp aesthetics for video editing, graphic design, and typography placement
- Knowledge of how to develop brand identities through multi-channel marketing
- Comfortable interacting with high-profile clients and industry professionals
- Excellent time management and organizational in a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator)
- Strong knowledge of videography and lighting equipment
- Ability to present information concisely and accurately, with keen attention to detail
- A standard of excellence for themselves and others
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Marketing, Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.