Gwinnett County Public Schools
- JobID: 79858
License and Certification Qualifications: Valid Georgia Class C Driver’s License preferred.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience Qualifications: Industrial or commercial cleaning experience preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability and willingness to learn and proficiently perform the custodial care skills and tasks of the Gwinnett County Public Schools (GCPS) Custodial Care Program and other general custodial practices; ability to hear, understand, and follow oral instructions given in the English language; ability to read, understand, and follow written instructions in the English language at a minimum 6th grade level, such as safety instructions, use and disposal instructions on custodial product labels, GCPS Custodial Toolbox training materials, and other forms, documents, or notes provided by the supervisor or other designated supervisory staff; and ability to work effectively as part of an assigned custodial team.
Primary Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining assigned areas of school facilities in a clean, sanitary, and orderly condition and performing duties according to the GCPS Custodial Care Program and as instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
1. Perform assigned cleaning and other custodial care tasks of the GCPS Custodial Care Program that are on the schedule provided by the designated supervisor in a proficient manner.
2. Utilize appropriate chemicals, supplies, and equipment, which have been approved for use according to GCPS Policies and Procedures, to perform assigned custodial care tasks.
3. Maintain custodial care tools and equipment in a clean, sanitary, and safe working condition according to instructions and guidelines of the GCPS Custodial Care Program.
4. Open and secure assigned facilities or grounds areas at the time(s) instructed by the designated supervisory staff.
5. Suggest alternate cleaning practices, products, tools, or equipment for the GCPS Custodial Care Program and assist the Environmental and Supply Services Department in related evaluations to identify those that are more efficient or effective.
6. Maintain appropriate, positive, and cooperative working relationships with team members, assigned facility staff, and other GCPS employees in all work related interactions
7.. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk and hear, stand, walk, negotiate stairs, reach with hands and arms, manipulate tools and small items with hands and lift and transport up to 50 pounds over short distances. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be subjected to a wide range of ambient temperature and humidity conditions will working with equipment. Potential hazards of this position include working with electrical and battery powered equipment and working with heat and noise producing machinery and equipment with rotating parts using chemicals and solvents. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with specific disabilities to perform the essential functions..
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.