Customer Delivery Engineering Technical Leader
Who We Are:
Founded in 1985, Telamon is a family-owned, minority-owned, and privately held company based in Indiana with global operations. Our vision is to be a load bearing support across generations, and we live by our core values of Honesty, Harmony, Simplicity, and Stewardship. We are deeply committed to honoring transparency, championing diversity, and cultivating growth. We talk about these often, and this is an important part of who we are!
What We Do:
Telamon leads the pack in designing, building, and installing telecommunication networks enabling connectivity in all forms, from traditional mobile phone usage and connectivity in stadiums, hospitals and schools, all the way down to connected safety in our cars with the industrial manufacturing of wire harnesses for airbag and seatbelt applications. We have a diversified business model that cultivates growth not only for our company but for our employees as well.
What We Need:
We are currently seeking a someone to join our team! If you are looking for a place to grow your skills and share our values, read below and see if this role is a match for you.
As a Customer Delivery Engineering Technical Leader, you will align to the BCS scrum services contract & support a myriad of technologies, including traditional route-switch/data center as well as complex solutions including automation and SONiC. You are a highly organized subject matter expert with deep technical knowledge who is able to exercise your communication skills to establish strong relationships and build trust among stakeholders. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and are proactive in leading customer interviews to learn the unknown in order to establish user stories and associated tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads customer delivery engagements and/or provides escalation support for large scale solutions and complex issues through deep technical expertise.
- Provides leadership capabilities and insight for creation and sharing of intellectual capital, influences the Engineering team to improve products, actively mentors and develops others.
- Collaborates cross functionally with internal stakeholders to showcase the value of Cisco services and solutions to customers.
- Drives customer technology transitions, influencing solution architectures and services.
- Builds customer simulations to resolve/validate complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Leads creation and dissemination of technical collateral, intellectual capital, documentation, and knowledge transfer.
- Provides technical expertise and escalation support in documenting and resolving technical problems found in products and solutions.
- Mentors and develops others.
- The position may assist in operations from time to time as part of a new deployment process.
No Direct Managerial Responsibility. However, the Customer Delivery Engineering Technical leader is expected to actively mentor and develop others.
- Less than 10% travel
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting or standing.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- No adverse environmental conditions expected.
- On occasion, may be required to lift in excess of 20 pounds
Skills and Abilities Required
- Expert level consulting skills
- A self-motivated, ambitious, creative problem-solver who takes initiative
- Ability to apply critical thinking to function effectively in ambiguous circumstances
- Ability to build strong relationships and trust with all stakeholders
- Provides thought leadership and facilitation for establishing and articulating difficult concepts
- Guides, influences and persuades others inside and outside the organization
- Strong communication and presentation skills with audiences of all sizes, levels and forums – from technical team meetings to executive level briefings
- Solid Network design skills, with strong knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Has moderate to advanced knowledge of software programmability, automation, orchestration, and virtualization.
Education and Experience Required
- B.S. in a technical field (Computer Science or Electrical Engineer preferred) or equivalent of 8+ years related experience
- CCIE in Route & Switch, Service Provider or Data Center Technologies
- Hands on experience in deploying and supporting SP Routing Platforms: NCS5500, ASR9K, Cisco 8000 and other Cisco Routing & Switching Platform
- Hands on experience in Data Center Platforms: Nexus 9K and Nexus 3K will be a plus
- IP Routing, Inter-networking, MPLS, LAN Switching, MPLS (L2/L3 VPN/VRF-Lite) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, EIGRP, inter-as routing, QoS, Ipv6, IP SLAs, RPVST+, MST, PIM, DMVPN, GETVPN, NetFlow, PfR.
- Expertise in IOS-XR, IOS-XE, IOS & NXOS.
- Prior Scripting, Python, and/or Linux experience highly desired.
- SONiC Experience/familiarity is preferred.
- Telamon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Telamon does not and will not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Telamon Corporation makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.