Cultural Care Au Pair
The Customer Relations Manager (East Coast hours) is a vital position within our cultural exchange program. You will provide our host families and au pairs with exceptional customer service. In this role you will report to the Director of Customer Relations and collaborate with supportive colleagues to provide guidance to our customers during some of the most challenging times, including facilitating new home placements when customers decide to end their current hosting or au pair experience. With a heavy emphasis on conflict resolution and mediation, you will focus on coaching families and au pairs on effective skills to be successful on the program.
Some things about you:
- You are approachable, offering a calming presence and can maintain a positive outlook, even when circumstances are challenging.
- You are an excellent coach with great judgment.
- You have the ability to assess a situation fairly, you express empathy when providing solutions, and you can keep a clear head.
- You are able to distill crucial information from multiple viewpoints and share clear directives and a plan to move forward.
- You are an excellent active listener who provides detailed follow-through.
- You are a creative problem solver, keeping the customer at the center of your decisions and know when to involve others.
- You love collaborating with people from all roles in Cultural Care.
- You can motivate and lead your host families and au pairs to a positive resolution.
Some nitty gritty:
- Work from your home office, during standard business hours
- There will be travel opportunities approximately 2 times a year when safe travel resumes
Our benefits & perks:
Whether you are working in one of our beautiful and modern hub offices in Austin, Boston or Denver, or from the convenience of your home office, you will enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and events sponsored by our employee-run “EFinity” groups: [email protected], [email protected], Bl[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] EF.
In addition, you can also expect:
- Development: Robust professional growth opportunities interacting with colleagues from all around the world including our initial new hire onboarding, monthly trainings, quarterly global staff meetings, workshops, and inspiring sessions with global leaders and experts
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- Retirement: 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Insurance: Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance, dependent care coverage, and flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Travel: Paid international business travel (when we resume travel restrictions due to Covid)
- Selfcare: Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- Discounts: EF program discounts including personal travel, language schools, and childcare as well as discounts at some local venues and area businesses
- Compensation: total earnings in year one up to $55,500. Base salary starts at $47,500 plus $8k bonus potential.
About Cultural Care Au Pair
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host families—providing meaningful childcare support for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties. We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated by the Department of State and our dedicated staff work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to both micro and macro level business challenges, and evolve to stay relevant to our global audiences.
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education. At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
Cultural Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique. For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com.
Cultural Care Equal Opportunity Employment Statement:
Cultural Care is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, parental status, Veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with everything we believe in and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate the laws and regulations in the locations in which we operate.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.