New Community Corporation in Newark, New Jersey is one of the largest and most comprehensive community development agencies in the country; New Community’s success rests on its comprehensive approach to community development. It is active in housing, health care, education, job training, childcare and economic development.
The Customer Service Representative will be responsible for responding to Credit Union members’ inquiries, keeping members informed of new and existing services, as well as helping manager member accounts.
- Maintains and balances daily and monthly ATM/STAR reports, filing/follow up disputes for members.
- Answers telephone inquiries from members regarding loan and deposit services, debit cards, account information, transfer requests, withdrawals, stop payments, check supplies; or any other member request concerning products and services of the credit union.
- Responds to the members’ inquiries regarding the operation of accounts, access to services, account usage charges, interest rates on savings and loan products, resolving account discrepancies, and assisting members to make the most effective use of services offered by the credit union.
- Balances and posts payroll deductions and reviews direct deposit (ACH) transactions and draft transactions daily and access account information and accurately records member transactions.
- Processes security deposits for NCC housing and makes checks monthly for rental payments posted through payroll dedications for NCC employees.
- Opens share (saving), draft (checking) and club accounts in accordance with the credit union policies and procedures in the opening of new accounts and any changes to member records.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in customer service preferred.
Training and other requirements
- Familiarity with accounting/finance preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite.
From: New Community Corporation
401K with Employer Match
Short Term Disability