This is a part time position
Do you like to have different types of assignments and variety in your work? Do you like to be appreciated for your ability to provide helpful, quality service and getting things done the “right way?” You are concerned with accuracy and like to have the necessary training to become an expert. Even in difficult situations, you have great tact and charm.
Is this you? Then we need you on our team!
As a Customer Service & Sales Associate, you will be interacting with Hertz rental car customers who come to the counter in order to process their rental. You will not only process customer rentals, but will actively consult with customers on the type of rental they need, including any insurance or ancillary benefits or coverage.
This position includes a rewarding compensation and benefits package:
- $14.00 an hour as your base pay
( What is the minimum wage in California?As of January 1, 2021, the California minimum wage is $14 per hour if you have more than 26 employees. If you have 25 or fewer staff members, California’s minimum wage is $13 per hour. Legislators in California have outlined a schedule to incrementally raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour for both employers with 26 or more and 25 or fewer employees by January 1, 2023.) We currently only have 5 employees.
- Uncapped monthly sales incentives with an average monthly range of $80-$185
- Expected total average earnings: $19,212-$20,472 (first year)
You will be responsible for a wide variety of assignments, including:
- Qualifying and processing customer rentals with accuracy and detail.
- Persuasively selling optional services.
- Processing customer rental returns.
- Conducting vehicle service and maintenance.
- Previous customer service experience and sales skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a variety of tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, enthusiasm, and outstanding communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Computer literate.
- Proficiency in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be 20 years of age, with an acceptable driving record
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedules, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as required
Applicant must possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities necessary to complete the responsibilities detailed above. The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following such as sitting, standing, waking, bending and twisting, climbing, driving, pushing and pulling, speaking, hearing, writing, lifting, seeing, and reading. Knowledge of equipment operation such as computer terminal, telephone, calculator, copy machine, and fax machine is required.
At Hertz, we champion and celebrate a culture of diversity and inclusion. We take affirmative steps to promote employment and advancement opportunities. The endless variety of perspectives, experiences, skills and talents that our employees invest in their work every day represent a significant part of our culture – and our success and reputation as a company.
Individuals are encouraged to apply for positions because of the characteristics that make them unique.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Hertz is a drug free workplace.
EOE, including disability/veteran
Job Type: Part-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.