Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will be a key member of a high-performing Security Operations Center (SOC) team. You will bring your passion for Cybersecurity to a team of like-minded professionals to ensure our monitoring and response is effective, efficient, and able to keep pace with a rapidly changing threat landscape.
Your role is to monitor and respond to cyber security alerts and identify their root cause, potential and actual incidents, and control gaps. Once an incident is identified you will support incident response, forensic analysis and threat hunting. If you identify a false positive, you will support efforts to tune or refine our detections, or identify improvements to our prevention controls, freeing more time to expand our skills and capabilities.
As part of a wider team of SOC analysts, you may develop cross-domain experience in Threat Hunting, Security Automation, Detection Engineering, Red Teaming. Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Management and Cyber Threat Intelligence. SMBC is committed to your growth as an ITSEC professional by providing myriad training opportunities with leading training vendors. You will have access and exposure to leading edge technologies and tools to help protect SMBC systems, offices, and data centers across the globe.
This role is best suited for candidates who have some experience in a SOC or CSIRT team and enjoy investigating and finding the root of an issue or incident, performing proactive Threat Hunting, or optimizing security tools and platforms. Candidates who excel in this position think critically to find ways to resolve emerging security challenges. This is a unique opportunity to develop as a security professional working in a challenging, complex, and highly regulated enterprise environment.
- Analyze security alerts and technical response to security incidents.
- Follow and maintain monitoring & response playbooks.
- Conduct proactive threat hunting.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and improving our response processes.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing support of security systems by acting as a subject matter expert for SOC related projects.
- 2+ years experience in cyber security required, ideally in a SOC, DFIR, or CSIRT role.
- Basic knowledge of security controls related to detection, analysis, and response (SIEM, EDR, NDR, XDR, UEBA).
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory, and Cloud technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to clearly document work.
- Good understanding of MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain and similar frameworks.
- Professional certifications an advantage but not essential if you have requisite role knowledge; GCIH, GNFA, GFCA, CEH, OSCP, CISSP or similar certifications a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and remain productive in a service-driven and results oriented environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.