The External Data Vice President is responsible for leading the Innovation Lab team in designing and managing the evaluation of external data-centric solutions. This role ensures alignment of those external solutions to business outcomes, and pulls in resources from supporting groups as necessary. This role is a mix of consulting (problem solving, internal client interaction), vendor management (researching and sourcing, negotiating test agreements, managing relationships with external suppliers) and project management (leading the execution of evaluations). You’ll make an impact by:
- Identifying new external data solutions to drive superior customer experience and business performance
- Engaging with internal clients and external suppliers to assess the viability and efficacy of a given external solution
- Designing and executing evaluation plans for external data solutions within existing Chase data and TPO governance standards
- Clearly communicating to all stakeholders the proposed plan and status of evaluations
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years experience in data & analytics or equivalent
- Experience working with external data vendors (preferred)
- Experience in financial services, big data, technology, or relevant start up environment
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills (problem structuring, driving to an answer, having a point of view)
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally with ease, adjusting communication style based on the audience
- Strong project management skills – the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work requirements to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Basic awareness of Big Data technologies & their applications
- Manage and own work plan autonomously
CCB Data & Analytics
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans