Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
Please note that the position could be based in the following locations: Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Boston, New York or Dayton.
The candidate will be responsible to deliver database services within the Application Services team providing DBA expertise and support to all services leveraging database technologies. This will include database design, performance optimisation and ETL processes. The candidate will have the opportunity to bring ideas to make the most out of our current system architecture and participate in its evolution.
As part of your duties, you will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- SQL programming (Views, Functions, Stored Proc, SQL CLR)
- Design and development of data migration and data consolidation between various databases
- Work with technology teams in data modeling, database design, efficient SQL for fast application performance, including advanced architectural techniques
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used as a framework for data integration
- Design and deliver ETL and related components (SSIS)
- SQL Server Administration (installation, configuration, maintenance, security)
- Administration of backup procedures and disaster recovery plans
- Responsible for the monitoring and management of systems ensuring all systems checks are completed and documented and any service incidents are managed, resolved or escalated in a timely manner
- Troubleshooting of operational problems
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience as a Database Developer/Administrator
- Knowledge and working experience of the Azure Cloud Platform
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English
- Excellent ability to document requests
- Aptitude for problem solving, and strong analytical and synthetic thinking skills
- Innovation, initiative, creativity, organization, thoroughness, self-sufficiency; and a team player
- Ability to work in a production support environment
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing an Asset
- Knowledge of REST API, JSON, XML an Asset
- Knowledge of C# and/or Java an Asset
This role requires your physical presence (hybrid) at Fiera Capital’s offices. In accordance with Fiera’s Pandemic Workplace policy (except where prohibited by law), proof of full vaccination will be required in order to access the offices of Fiera Capital and its affiliates, unless you have been granted reasonable accommodation based on documented medical or religious grounds, or as otherwise required by applicable law. Should an applicant demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered on medical or religious grounds, or as otherwise required by applicable law, Fiera Capital will assess on a case-by-case basis, whether reasonable accommodation can be provided.
For positions available in Quebec that require fluency in French and English, please note that bilingualism is required due to our global offices and clients.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff is our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.
The well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients and of the larger community are a priority for Fiera Capital and its affiliates. As such, all employees and service providers whose role or services, as applicable, require them to be physically present at the offices of Fiera Capital or its affiliates are required to be fully vaccinated and to provide proof of same (where recommended by Public Health Institutions), unless they have been granted reasonable accommodation based on documented medical or religious grounds, or as otherwise required by applicable law. Should an individual demonstrate that the vaccine cannot be administered due to medical or religious grounds or as otherwise required by applicable law, Fiera Capital and its affiliates will assess on a case-by-case basis, whether reasonable accommodation can be provided.
Please note that job title indicated in job postings may differ from internal job titles. Accordingly, offers of employment may not reflect job titles indicated in job postings.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.