Come work in an environment where you can really make a difference and become a Day Habilitation Instructor at Jawonio!
Jawonio is dedicated to advancing the independence, well-being and equality of people with disabilities and special needs. Join our team and start your career in social services while making a difference in your own community!
As a Day Habilitation Instructor, you will work directly with our developmentally disabled adults in our facilities, supporting them in achieving greater independence, realizing their future potential, and contributing to their communities in a meaningful way by offering person-centered services.
You will be joining a passionate community of professionals and staff who support each other in a diverse and rewarding work culture.
- Develop and facilitate activities related to habilitation goals and interest areas
- formulate individualized service plans based on individual’s goals
- Document individual’s overall progress while attending day habilitation services
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay: $19.00 per hour
- Full time opportunity
- Morning shifts
- Tuition assistance, training, education and advancement opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision and 403(b) savings plan available for eligible employees
- Located in Yonkers, NY
What We Require:
- Bachelors degree in related field including, but not limited to, Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, and/or Psychology
- New York State Driver’s License required
- At least 2 years experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
Jawonio is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Yonkers, NY 10701: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.