State of Washington Dept of Children, Youth, and Families
The Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) was created to be a comprehensive agency exclusively dedicated to the social, emotional, and physical well-being of children, youth, and families regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or other socioeconomic factors. We believe our workforce should reflect the communities we serve and are actively searching for candidates that reflect that diversity.
We are searching for a detail-oriented individual with outstanding customer service skills to fill a
Fiscal Analyst 2 position in our DCYF Region 3 Business Operations Center (ROC) in Everett, supporting all programs within DCYF. Our vision is that “All Washington’s children and youth grow up safe and healthy-thriving physically, emotionally, and educationally, nurtured by family and community.”
You will perform professional accounting and financial review duties, and be responsible for fiscal controls and business practices for the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) office. In this position, you will analyze and interpret reports produced by automated and manual financial systems such as Enterprise Reporting, AFRS, Purchase System, and TEMS. We are looking for self-motivated applicants who possess excellent people skills, the ability to prioritize a time-sensitive workload, and who regularly produce accurate and timely work results.
- Prepare accruals, reviews, and inputs accrual batches for operations and bills, including client and program-specific items.
- Research expenditures and track expenditures to assist with fiscal year estimates.
- Warrant cancellations for payments.
- Prepare common cost accruals.
- Fiscal year close interagency payables/receivables & other FY close activities for programs.
- Overpayment processing.
- Monthly Reporting – at the operational level and only if standardized.
- Pull and review enterprise reports.
- Process any tax/fee payments on behalf of the Regional Operations Center.
- Prepare/coordinate responses to audit findings and Corrective Action Plans.
- Accounts Payable Reporting.
- Maintain Audit Warrant Register and Transaction list.
- Log receipt of negotiable items and process Transmittal of Funds.
- Verify that the billing and A-19 meet the terms of the contract.
- Maintain a contract/vendor log to track contract payments and analyze expenditures.
- Check for duplication to ensure payments are correct.
- Review billing to contract rate/balance/terms.
- Determine account coding and prepare payment documents.
- Perform fiscal monitoring of various types of payments to ensure that the contractor’s billings are paid in accordance with the contract terms.
- Monitor and submit timely payment for various regional goods and services.
- When approved by a manager/supervisor a payment is then submitted into Financial Toolbox or Accounting Financial Reporting System (AFRS).
- Research and prepare Journal Vouchers (JV) to correct expenditures as appropriate.
- Prepare JVs to record general ledger changes in fund balance.
- Ready documents for payment by creating batches and process into AFRS, reviews and makes corrections as appropriate before releasing batches other staff have input into AFRS.
- Preparation of monthly accruals for various contract and vendor payments.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Process employee reimbursements and miscellaneous payments.
Process Purchase Requests:
- Research and process purchase orders in accordance with the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) and DCYF Purchasing policy and procedures, utilizing state purchasing contracts to procure equipment, supplies, vital statistic requisitions, notary renewals, and training registrations.
- Coordinate with HQ Contracts or Purchasing when a solicitation is required.
- Prepare reviews and analyze expenditure data for monthly financial reports utilizing Enterprise Reporting and AFRS systems.
- Prepare and review monthly reports and enter data into a spreadsheet for review for budgeting purposes.
- Review program fiscal status to ensure accuracy of expenditures and allotments
- Reconcile/pay Purchase Card bills
- Reconcile the local fund checking accounts
- Prepare JVs to reflect local fund balances for monthly entry into AFRS
Bachelor’s degree OR Equivalent education/experience (four years total)
In addition to those required qualifications, our ideal applicant will also have some or all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree, which includes at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of accounting, auditing, or budgeting.
- Master’s degree in a financial-related field, certification as a Public Accountant, Internal Auditor, Certified Governmental Financial Manager or Management Accountant.
- Knowledge and understanding of theory and practice of accounting; principles of cost accounting; modern office methods.
- Ability to apply and adapt established accounting methods to a variety of accounting transactions; assemble, analyze and prepare reports and statements of complex financial data.
- Ability to process large quantities of fiscal data with consistency, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Ability to multi-task and schedule self to meet payment and report deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels. Optimize limited resources, and support the organizational goals.
- Ability to coordinate with others.
- Ability to learn specialized computer systems, AFRS, Enterprise Reporting, CAMS, HRMS, Leave Tracker, and any new programs that may be implemented for this position.
- Maintain assigned office hours of at least 40 hours per week, with a good work attendance record.
- Ability to understand and maintain confidentiality.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, basic math skills and the use of a 10-key calculator.
- Model and reinforce socially responsible behaviors and values; and behave in a professional and respectful manner toward clients, colleagues, and others in the workplace and community.
How do I apply?
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents:
- Current resume detailing experience and education
- Transcripts, if using education to qualify for the position.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are a selected candidate, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination in order to become/remain a DCYF employee. You may request an accommodation if you are unable to meet the requirement due to a medical or religious necessity.
The initial screening will be based on the content and completeness of your application and the materials submitted. All information may be verified and documentation may be required. Applications with comments such as “see attachments” or “N/A” in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
To take advantage of Veteran’s preference
please attach your DD-214, member 4 long-form, or your NGB-22. Please black out your social security number prior to attaching
DCYF is an equal opportunity employer and supports equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
Need accommodation throughout the application/interview process? Unable to apply on-line? Contact the Recruitment team at [email protected] or
(360)688-3529 or the Telecommunications Device for the Deaf at 800-833-6388
Experiencing technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application? Call NEOGOV toll-free at (855)524-5627 or email [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.