Join National Dentex – a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at NDX Stern Empire Dental Lab in Houston, TX for a Dental Lab Technician II (Partial Processing).
The regular hours for this position are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
- Read prescriptions and specifications received from dentist.
- Enter and receive cases and scan models for digital work flow
- Build models in 3shape model builder
- Process the Valplast, Acrylic, Ivocap,Polyflex or any other special needs case.
- Check inside of flasks to ensure all teeth are still in place and any additional notes are scribed into stone around the flask.
- Investing, casting and devesting of metals and pressable ceramics.
- Metal finishing when needed
- Bead and pour impressions.
- Base models & trim models.
- Articulate models.
- Make duplicate models.
- Use past experience and successes to effectively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Review final work to confirm that quality standards have been met.
- Clean work area daily.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong ability to read, listen, comprehend, retain, and execute on written and verbal instructions.
- High level of organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Basic computer skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Small machinery/hand pieces.
- Additional related materials or equipment, as required.
- Personal protective equipment, as required.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and/or reach.
- Fine motor skills and ability to perform repetitive motions.
- Vision capabilities, including depth perception, attention to detail, and color.
- High School or Equivalent or better
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.