Office: Corrosion Central Assistance Team – CCAT
Location: Everett, WA
Requisition No: 4-15-22
Job Title: CCAT Deputy Team Lead
Key Words: US Navy, Corrosion, HM&E, NACE CIP Level III, Management
Excet Inc. is seeking to immediately hire a Corrosion Control Assistance Team (CCAT) Deputy Team Lead who will manage a small team specializing in training US Naval Ships’ Force (SF) in proper corrosion control maintenance at Naval Station Everett. The CCAT provides shipboard instruction for optimized Organizational-Level corrosion control maintenance, emphasizing appropriate tools, training, technical expertise, and appropriate technology introduction. The ultimate goal is to improve the effectiveness of Ships’ Force corrosion control efforts and enhance ship material readiness while reducing total service life cost. Training emphases appropriate procedures for Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) and Combat Systems, Communications, Computers, Command and Control and Internet (C5I) systems. The Deputy Team Lead’s primary function is training Ships’ Force requiring: coordination with US Navy ship and CCAT leadership; providing classroom and hands-on training; managing the CCAT team personnel and assets; and documenting/reporting corrosion control actives. The Everett Team includes the Deputy Team Lead, a C5I Corrosion Technician, and a Tool Technician. The Deputy Team Lead will work closely with the Team Lead (Located at PSNS/Kitsap) and the national Operations Manager. The position is full time and located at the Naval Station Everett in Everett, Washington.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Related military experience or trade/industrial school graduate and/or trade experience
- NACE Certified Coating Inspector Program (CIP) Level III with peer review
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to obtain & maintain a security clearance
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 may be required for this position unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Approximately eight (8) years of experience in the corrosion control field supporting U.S. Navy ship and submarine maintenance
- Experience with corrosion control issues, solutions, and technical requirements for HM&E and C5I systems and equipment
- Understanding of constraints associated with shipboard organizational level corrosion control and preservation maintenance
- Experience with surface preparation tools, corrosion control techniques, and coating systems used on U.S. Navy ships or in the marine industry
- Experience managing team corrosion control activities
- Communicate effectively with ship leadership, ship personnel, program leadership, and team members
- Experience documenting and reporting corrosion control activities
- Active Secret Clearance
Type of Position: Full-Time
Travel: Occasional local travel (PSNS/Kitsap and Seattle Shipyards) required.
Excet, Inc. is a growing research services firm specializing in science and engineering.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.