KHOU 11, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Houston, is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to producing, optimizing and distributing KHOU 11 editorial content to consumers on all devices.
The ideal candidate will have strong editorial judgment, keen copy-editing skills and the passion to innovate. This position is full-time, hourly, non-union and reports to the Director of Digital Content.
- Write and distribute original and breaking news content
- Edit reporter stories for grammar, AP style, and digital content best practices
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and media to enhance stories
- Write in an engaging and authentic manner
- Research for facts and credibility
- Use consumer analytics in determining content creation and distribution
- Authenticate user-generated content for use to help tell stories
- 1-3 years of digital experience
- Strong news and editorial judgment
- Knowledge of AP style and copy editing
- Experience with online CMS systems
- Understanding of social media strategy, on platforms including
- Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Ability to work early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends
- Experience with photo and video editing systems
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Skills in producing engaging, audience-driven content
- Knowledge of ENPS, Photoshop and Premiere a plus
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Media – Journalism – Newspaper
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.