JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Data analytics plays a critical role for management to navigating today’s complex business environment. The Business Intelligence Group (BIG) drives a comprehensive data strategy from the front office across Markets. The BIG team’s role includes delivering key business insights to sales and trading through sourcing and enriching data across all aspects of the trading business.
As a BIG Data Solutions Associate, you’ll be responsible for understanding and contributing to the data strategy and architecture for Markets Data Analytics, including leveraging it to build data products across the various asset classes in the Markets Data Lake.
- Drive data commercialization agenda via adoption of power users and toolset capabilities for self-service analytics;
- Drive and implement solutions that enforce consistency for scalability, resiliency, and support;
- Catalog the various solutions and the processes around them so they can be used across the team;
- Produce business product specific, as well as cross asset capabilities to a range of user types;
- Work with solution architects, analysts, business users, and developers on building a data strategy that will support short-term and long-term goals for Markets Front Office;
- Own and aggressively drive forward data and analytics technology capabilities. Provide architectural solutions/designs to execution teams for implementation;
- Lead implementation projects which includes working with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features;
- Ensure all controls are diligently implemented and maintained;
- Clear and concise communication with all support teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of queries;
- Participate and contribute to the various strategic initiatives; keep improving and evolving processes and business architecture;
- Build an in-depth understanding of trading structures from both a financial and operational perspective in order to advise and build useful front office data products.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Analytics, or related field;
- Ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders across technology, compliance, and front office;
- Experience in implementations of big data, data warehousing, data management, analytics, data marts and dimensional models as well as a broad background and experience with ETL/ELT development;
- Strong understanding of Sales and Trading environment in Markets Investment Banking;
- Must have strong soft skills and an ability to use these to work collaboratively, explain, and challenge, as appropriate;
- Attention to details and sense of ownership;
- Great team player able to work in a pressurized and changing environment;
- Possess strong analytical and numerical skills;
- Strong problem-solving, control, and project management skills;
- Strong technical skills, especially in spark, python, SQL, xml, Tableau, Alteryx, Kafka, and cloud technologies.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.