KHOU, a TEGNA Media Company, has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Sales Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by leading a team of account executives and executing a digital sales strategy that delivers customized customer solutions through an integrated suite of media platforms. People leadership and mentoring are important to this role. This position reports to the Director of Sales.
- The Digital Sales Manager works with Account Executives on developing proposals and digital strategies, going on weekly sales calls and developing opportunities that drive customer results. Also, responsible for working with the digital account management teams on optimization strategies to ensure campaign delivery and attainment of customer goals.
- Work as the station champion for all OTT (Premion) services and proactively work with the account management teams on training rollouts, updates, reporting and optimization efforts that ensure client success.
- Work as the station champion for all Attribution products, proactively working with account management and AEs on training, rollouts, updates and reporting.
- Proactively monitors and manages campaigns to make appropriate adjustments to improve performance and ongoing optimization for all digital accounts.
- Attends sales calls with Account Executives as needed to help them prepare and deliver customer- centric solutions.
- Communicates results and proof of performance to customers in tandem with Account Executives at a minimum of once per month.
- Works with the Integrated Marketing Strategists/Digital Account Managers to ensure deadlines are met and client performance is delivered as promised. Supports an active dialogue with the Digital Client Services teams across multiple product lines ensuring customers goals are met.
- Attends/hosts weekly sales meetings and training sessions to implement go-to-market strategies for a variety of digital products.
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change and learn with our industry are also keys to success.
- Provides on- going recommendations to Account Executives and clients to upsell and cross-sell our vast product offerings.
- Works one on one with AEs as needed to develop selling skills as it relates to digital products.
- Oversight of internal workflow process.
- Responsible for revenue forecasts and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Full working knowledge of all aspects of Digital Marketing including Google Analytics, OTT / OLV Video Services,), Targeted Display (Banner Advertising), Native Advertising,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 2 years managing direct reports, preferably outside sales
- Strong presenter and communicator with internal and external customers and partners
- Google Certification preferred
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Media – Journalism – Newspaper, Sales
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.