DSP’s needed in Brooklyn
5 day a week position!
The Habilitation Support Professional (HSP) supports individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in the Home and Community Based Setting (HCBS) and the Day Habilitation programs. The HSP is required to follow the Individualized Service Plan (ISP), and/or the Day Habilitation Plan promoting independence and person centered decision making.
- Responsible for clients in the home or day habilitation setting ensuring safety of the clients, promoting independence, and working in a person centered manner to meet the needs and choices of the client.
- Responsible to tend to personal hygiene needs of the client(s).
- Work with client, Client/advocate and supervisor to help identify valued outcomes for the individualized habilitation plan.
- Implements the valued outcomes on a daily basis using agency documentation procedures.
- Develop and implement activities with clients and their primary care givers.
- Accompany clients on trips and outings and supervises activities.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team at treatment planning meetings to review progress and plan valued outcomes for the next six months.
- Shares and documents experiences and observation of the client(s) with treatment team during in person supervision, phone calls, and utilizing the electronic health record, including contacting supervisor for any medical or behavioral occurrence that is outside the baseline of the client.
- Understand all safeguards listed in the individuals’ treatment plan and follow accordingly.
- May be called upon to dispense medications (specific to Day Habilitation) should medication administration be needed during these hours.
- Complete OPWDD documentation requirements including monthly checklist and summary on a monthly basis.
- Follow agency guidelines for timekeeping through Dayforce, as well as completing mandatory agency trainings.
- Complete ongoing OPWDD and other trainings as required
- High School diploma or a minimum of 1 year experience working with the IDD population and must be at least 18 years of age.
- AMAP certification required for the Day Habilitation setting during probationary period.
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual Disabilities preferred.
- Basic computer skills required including agency software programs and Electronic Health Record.
For more information and to apply, please contact :
Account Manager, Bond Health Staffing
5824 12th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY, 11219
Office: 1-718-302-0040 ext. 204
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.