To The Rescue
Direct Support Professional – Day Program **$2,500.00 Sign-On Bonus**
At To The Rescue, our purpose is to improve the quality of lives through personalized and skilled services, specifically designed for each individual or organization.
- NOW OFFERING: Four day work week, 10 hour shifts
- Tiered pay system with compensation reviews every 90 days
- Pays up to $18 per hour based on experience
- Daytime hours available, Monday – Friday
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible staff
- Additional benefit options also available
- Paid time off for full-time employees, and paid sick time for part-time employees
- Paid, on-the-job training
- Employee assistance program
- Growth opportunities within the organization and across departments
- Referral program with the potential to receive a $1,000.00 bonus
- Rewarding careers with a sense of purpose
Summary of Position/Objective:
Day Program is a habilitative program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are first and foremost responsible for the consumers’ well-being and safety. Day Program is centered on both facility and non-facility based activities. While at the facility, our consumers experience group discussions that are led and taught by the Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) including group games, simple educational lessons (i.e. reading, writing, math, money skills, etc.), arts and crafts projects and living skills focused on increasing independence. Day Program also offers outings including nature trips, museum visits, recreational activities, and volunteer opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead activities and interact with consumers
- Administer medication (after QMAP certification)
- Help consumers utilize the restrooms
- Fill out Provider Notes and other documentation on a daily basis
- Help with lunch preparation and feeding
- Check consumers in and out of center
- Provide appropriate supervision to consumers at all times
- Communicate with Day Program Manager or designated lead on issues requiring further attention & follow up; for example, an incident requiring documentation and communication to a parent or guardian
- All other duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Have patience, compassion and empathy
- Well organized
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Meet minimum age requirement of 21 years of age
The employee must provide and maintain a valid driver’s license the entire duration of their employment, and must be eligible for the agency’s vehicle insurance.
Hours are varied depending on the needs of the organization. This may include, but is not limited to days, nights, weekends, and holidays dependent upon business need.
The work environment is variable, anywhere from office setting to a hospital/clinic to out in the community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to hear and speak. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
Frequent travel within a 25-mile radius is expected for this position. Occasionally travel beyond a 25-mile radius may be required.
$15/hr – $18/hr
Location: Parker, CO
To The Rescue is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.