Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
As a Program Management Director, you will apply your strategic, analytical and leadership skills to major organizational challenges. This position is responsible for leading the program management discipline to define, manage and monitor client implementations and strategic success.
Chart Retrieval & Clinical Review (CRCR) is a business unit that supports payer clients in HEDIS and Risk Adjustment services, which includes both the pursuit and collection of medical records, along with the successful abstraction/coding, and support of quality and audit programs for Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial health plans across the nation.
The Program Director serves as a “trusted advisor” to the client and is accountable for the execution of services offered. The Director is responsible for ensuring strong effective relationships with client senior leadership and key internal operational leaders, in order to best understand the client’s goals, operational environment, and strategic initiatives. The Director will innovate service and operational solutions to best achieve client goals and is accountable for driving high levels of client satisfaction, retention and growth throughout the business.
The Program Management Director will be the accountable driver of effective relationships and ensure the successful implementation and delivery of programs for key clients in the Chart Retrieval & Clinical Review business unit. The role is responsible to understand the client’s goals & strategic objectives, operational environment and constraints, and innovates service and operational solutions to achieve or surpass those goals, and contractual obligations.
Manage & oversee an assigned client Book of Business, which will encompass clients providing both HEDIS and Risk Adjustment services. Comprehensively plan, develop, execute, lead and monitor client program implementations and ensures execution and delivery in line with contractual obligations. Serve to “delight” our clients in experience, attitude, and service excellence. Educate, communicate and provide actionable insights and recommendations to clients. Partner and innovate with internal business partners as needed to ensure client objectives are met and satisfaction is attained. Manage, mentor and coach program managers, and support and foster development and growth. Champions innovation and implementation of new processes and methodologies and supports change management internally and with the client. Drive success with a focus on client satisfaction, retention, and organic growth.
- Lead client relationships, including identification of client needs and supporting solutions, including co-creation of new solutions, where necessary.
- Develop a comprehensive implementation plan for each project, including: a written Implementation Project Plan detailing the project scope, volumes, timelines, deliverables, and other key details.
- Provide end-to-end ownership, orchestration, accountability for all assigned clients.
- Obtains consent from client and internal stakeholders on the scope, timing and deliverables of new implementations.
- Develop a written implementation project plan detailing the project scope, volumes, timelines, deliverables, and other key details.
- Regularly provide updates on work progress, obstacles and blockers, and overall performance with execution and progress toward delivery.
- Actively measure, monitor, and ensure the health of the program components from financial, dependency, risk and mitigation, and schedule perspectives.
- Design, develop and deliver strategically relevant and operationally precise analytics.
- Conduct scheduled weekly project updates during implementation, and monthly during operational periods, with client and provide timely responses to all non-scheduled client communications.
- Perform the configuration of systems within Change Healthcare that are used to support the client operational needs.
- Work closely with Operational, Product and Technology team leads to ensure consistent flow and communication of program implementation needs.
- Monitors and tracks all aspects of the project, including productivity milestones, deliverables, and timelines.
- Communicates with relevant internal stakeholders and works towards resolution when project threats are identified
- Facilitates change orders for any client service requests outside of contracted services.
- Manage client expectations and serve as the point of escalation for the client and within Change Healthcare.
- Partner with leadership across domains to ensure consensus and alignment on program priorities.
- Monitor existing implementations and work across organizational functional areas to address issues and optimize outcomes, to promote ongoing client satisfaction through retention and growth.
- Proactively track, communicate and manage monthly billing and reporting deliverables for clients.
- Provide high level quality check for client deliverables prior to delivery.
- Timely tracking of the overall program goals, progress, risks and mitigations.
- Maintain visibility, communicate and educate on key program components.
- Realize, articulate and communicate growth opportunities within existing clients.
- Actively seek out and problem solve for barriers and challenges.
- Evaluate and report the performance of newly launched initiatives.
- Deliver strategically relevant and operationally precise analytics and recommendations for improvement opportunities.
- Prepare agenda and content, schedule and host periodic executive business reviews.
- Capture notes and actions items from business reviews and meetings for follow up with respective functional areas/leads.
- Train clients and any of their support staff on using Change Healthcare tools and reports.
- Manage client terminations across impacted functions, including run out clauses for billing and final reporting.
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams to develop operational solution strategies and ensure technology and/or business line execution is in alignment with those strategies.
- Set high standards, drive alignment and collaboration to successfully achieve program objectives aligned with the Client and internal business strategy.
- Ensure ongoing client satisfaction through retention and revenue growth.
- Manage Program Manager team members in operational process, strategic thinking, business acumen, key knowledge areas and client relationship management.
- Develop best practices with input from team members and feedback other impacted groups.
- Define and institute KPIs and metrics to objectively evaluate team performance.
- Actively seek out training and skill development opportunities.
- Drive a performance-based culture through accountability and foster leadership, strategic thinking, and business acumen on the Program Management team.
- Preemptively address customer needs, critical issues and risks, and present options for addressing/solving needs and issues.
- Develop, implement and maintain standardized tools, templates, processes, procedures and methodologies to ensure alignment with enterprise standards and industry best practices.
- Proactively identify transformation and improvement opportunities, and identify lessons learned.
- Provide voice of the customer input for Product development and contribute to the ideation, development and productization of significant new services.
What are the requirements?
- Years of experience: 10+ years
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Technology, Finance, Health Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Physical requirements: Sitting, standing, walking, and using a keyboard.
What critical skills are needed for you to consider someone for this position?
Health Plan Marketplace knowledge – familiarity with HEDIS and Star ratings, Risk Adjustment and audit programs, operations of health plans and current trends in the health plan marketplace
- 10+ years proven experience in program management, project management or related field.
- 5+ years in a client facing role, ideally leading implementations and support in the healthcare industry, including independently managing multiple complex projects/initiatives with competing priorities and deadlines.
- 5+ years of experience with analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information, forming opinions with corresponding recommendations, and presenting the results to key stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Proficiency with evaluating, benchmarking and improving business processes.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate analysis, including trends and opportunities, to leadership and stakeholders.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including balancing multiple priorities and addressing team and/or prioritization conflicts.
- Prior experience leading, managing and collaborating with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholders.
- Articulate, assertive and persuasive with the ability to adapt communication style and approach to audiences at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful when confronted with ambiguity.
- Strong change management knowledge and/or experience.
- Substantial organizational skills and attention to detail, and ability to prioritize/organize/multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
How much should I expect to travel?
Travel required: 10% to up to 20% travel, subject to change based on client and/or business need.
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Diversity and Inclusion:
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.