Pharos Charter School is a K-12 urban public education institution that prepares Bronx students for success in college and the innovation economy.
Director of Curriculum and Instruction (DCI) Vision
Pharos Academy Charter School is looking for a Director of Curriculum and Instruction that wants to do something epic for students and teachers. We are looking for a DCI who wants to cast a vision for Elementary Mathematics instruction that rivals the best in the industry. This person will stop at nothing to ensure that the curriculum and resources that are in front of students place them squarely on the road to college success and beyond.
In addition to vision setting and curriculum, this person loves to push teachers well beyond what they think is possible for students. This transfer of knowledge and skill happens through high-quality professional development, coaching, and data-driven decision-making.
DCI Performance Outcomes
- Drive Math department performance to meet or exceed Mathematics charter goals.
- Create a comprehensive academic vision for the Middle School Math department that encompasses the perspectives of students, alumni, families, teachers, and school instructional leadership.
- Manage the selection, design, and implementation of Mathematics curriculum and resources across grades 6-8.
- Create interim assessments and course scope and sequences aligned to state and college-readiness standards to measure and track student performance in mathematics.
- Create high-quality professional development workshops and instructional resources that accelerate adult learning.
- Align discipline-specific instructional practices across Math classrooms.
- Lead targeted instructional support and coaching to teachers.
Core Competencies of Strong Applicants (New and Experienced)
- Commitment to using data to improve short-term and long-term student achievement goals.
- Full accountability for teacher and student academic outcomes and a steadfast belief that all teachers and students can achieve.
- Commitment to being a team player (crew member) and belief in Pharos Academy’s core beliefs and educational viewpoint.
- Ability to use radical candor with teachers and hold individuals as well as teams to high expectations.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to consistently produce high-quality products.
- Strong knowledge of Middle School Mathematics standards and curriculum.
- Instructional leadership and teaching experience required: proven results in student learning as both an instructional leader and a teacher.
- Curriculum and assessment writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 4 years of teaching experience required. Master’s degree in education and/or mathematics education and NYSED Certification preferred
- Project management skills, including translating vision to curriculum in a timely manner to ensure concrete outcomes.
Compensation and Benefits
- Super competitive salary that is based on performance driving student outcomes. The salary range for Directors of Curriculum and Instruction is $95,000- $115,000.
- 401k plan with employer matching of 5 percent.
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and optional Life Insurance
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and have access to a wide range of instructional technology.
DCI Support and Development
- Participate in instructional walkthroughs and instructional support meetings with instructional leadership team.
- Instructional Leadership & Management coaching provided
Pharos Academy is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all teachers and staff members. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.