ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist and support management staff with effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified associates. Ensure compliance with Crescent hiring practices. Confirm and verify that new and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility documents. Conduct interviews for all management positions.
2. Ensure compliance of federal, state wage and hour laws and the Fair Labor Standard Act.
3. Conduct all mandatory Crescent training programs. Ensure brand training is completed for the brand Quality Assurance audit, if applicable. Assist department managers to ensure on the job training is completed in a timely manner.
4. Coordinate & monitor hourly and management performance evaluation process. Assist department managers in writing annual performance reviews and developing achievable goals. Ensure merit increases are equitable and processed in a timely manner.
5. Support & coordinate all Crescent, human resource initiatives & business practices. Create an atmosphere of being the employer of choice.
6. Ensure compliance with OSHA regulations and Crescent safety training programs. Manage all worker compensation claims.
7. Assist with the coordination of benefits with Crescent’s benefits administrator for new hires, current & terminated associates. Assist with requests for FMLA & personal LOA paperwork and coordinates the collection of insurance premium payments.
8. Ensure hotel departments are entering weekly schedules into web-based timekeeping software. Provides weekly payroll reports to General Manager and department managers. Assists with processing of weekly/bi-weekly payroll by
reviewing department time edits and pay code updates. Reviews & signs off on final pre-transmission report to ensure accuracy of payment for weekly/bi-weekly payroll.
9. Support, engage and guide department managers with the assistance of the General Manager to develop a positive learning environment. Assists department managers with associate issues or concerns and developing problem resolution strategies.
- Five years previous Human Resource Director Experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management and problem resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resource practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resource matters, including Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and OSHA compliance and reporting
- Hilton Experience preferred.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.