The Bristal Assisted Living is Long Island’s premier provider of upscale luxury senior living communities.
At the present time we are seeking an experienced hands-on Director of Maintenance who will take a leadership role, coordinating and directing the Maintenance Department and Maintenance Staff and do hands on repairs throughout the community
Website and Gallery:
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative maintenance schedules.
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain maintenance needs.
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining schedules.
- Set up periodic inspections of the total property systems of checking such items as roof, building façade, parking lots, grounds, signs, etc
- Initiate, supervise and maintain an up-to-date repair record on all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with respect to assigned priorities.
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all fire fighting equipment according to time period and instruction required by law.
- Operate and maintain all buildings and grounds, all security and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and local OSHA standards.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame.
- Head up the Safety Committee
- Respond to maintenance emergencies at any time needed.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals and standards.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as a supervisor with documented evidence of varied skills and abilities.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance
- Maintenance for a large residential community, hotel, hospitality, Assisted Living or similar industry experience desired
- Must demonstrate skills in all phases of building and equipment maintenance, cleanliness and repairs
- Skilled in the selection of personnel and management of staff to meet the needs of the entire facility
- Acceptable working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working in a facility with a senior/ geriatric population a plus
- A true customer service, friendly attitude and demeanor when dealing with staff, residents, management and families
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to be on call during emergency situations as the building operates 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Schedule will be fulltime day shift covering one weekend day per week for either a Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday schedule
Looking for a career where you can make a difference in someone else’s life? Where opportunities abound to advance your future, both personally and professionally? The Bristal Assisted Living is the place for you. You’ll thrive in a premier senior care organization that values you as an individual — not just your experience and skillsets, but your unique talents and energy. You’ll enrich the community in which you work, and that community will enrich you. We call what we do at The Bristal “hospitality with a higher purpose.” We know you’ll make an impactful difference. Because the difference is you. Come join us!
The Bristal has 2700 employees and 24 upscale luxury Assisted Living Communities located in Mount Sinai, Sayville, Lake Grove, East Northport, Holtsville, West Babylon Massapequa, West Babylon, East Meadow, Garden City Westbury, North Hills, Lynbrook, North Woodmere, Jericho (2), Lake Success, NYC (2), White Plains, Armonk NY and Englewood, Wayne, Waldwick, Woodcliff Lake and Somerset NJ. We are in a period of rapid growth and currently have 3 new communities being constructed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- What are your salary expectations?
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.