NYC Health + Hospitals
About NYC Health + Hospitals
In its century of service, Coney Island Hospital has established its reputation for clinical excellence and culturally competent care. The hospital has been recognized for its clinical innovations in Primary Care, Adolescent Medicine, Nuclear Medicine and Emergency Services. The hospital’s staff is as diverse as the patients they serve. Interpreter services can be provided at any time of the day or night in over 130 languages.
The Director of Nursing for Evening and night is charged with and responsible for:
- Assumes responsibility for the day to day operation of the Nursing Department/hospital during the Evening and Night tours. Assumes Nursing AOD in the Evening as well as in Day Shift on assigned weekend.
- Assists in implementing organizational plans for Nursing Services that delineate nursing functions, define relationships with other departments/disciplines and ensure maintenance of clinically qualified nursing staff.
- Interprets policies/objectives of nursing services to staff, other disciplines and visitors; promotes harmonious working relationships; develops/maintains sound relationships with community, labor and professional groups.
- Assess nursing services through rounds, chart reviews and observation/evaluation of nursing care; participates in a system of continuing evaluation of nursing services and directs/actually completes the evaluation of competency and performance of nursing personnel.
- Selects develops and evaluates Evening & Night Administrative Nursing Supervisors and Head Nurses; assists/guides in problem solving and other administrative issues.
- Attends/participates in continuing education programs.
- Participates in planning, organizing, and evaluating nursing education programs; conducts/participates in meetings/conferences/seminars with nursing/hospital personnel.
- Is available as a resource person for both Evening and Night Tours; assures supervisory coverage.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, regulatory/accreditation, and Joint Commission activities.
- Perform all duties in alignment with the mission, vision, values, and behavioral expectations of NYC Health + Hospitals
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. A Master’s Degree in Nursing Administration or an equivalent field, and a minimum of four years of high-level responsible experience in nursing administration, three years of which shall have been in a hospital; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State.
How To Apply
Please be advised that proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire.
If you wish to apply for this position, please apply online by clicking the “Apply Now” button or forward your resume, noting the above Job ID #, to:
Coney Island Hospital
Human Resources Department
2601 Ocean Parkway, Room 1W89
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Attn: Recruitment Unit
Vacancy Control Board Number
VCB #: CON-03012022-0548
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 – $155,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- RN License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.