Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven, trans-founded company that is focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the transgender and gender nonconforming communities. Our vision is to transform healthcare for every trans life and build a virtual care home for the trans community.
As a rapidly expanding organization, we are now proudly available to more than 1 million transgender individuals in 41 states. We are an organization formed through the lived experience of trans people and fierce allies and we welcome other heart-forward, talented individuals to join our team on this journey.
If you are a Director of Paid Media with experience in telehealth or healthcare and a special affinity for the trans experience, read on!!
About The Role
Our next Director of Paid Media will partner with our Marketing & Community team by bringing strong hands-on experience in performance marketing, as well as a passion for improving the access and quality of care to the transgender and gender non-conforming community.
Our ideal candidate has demonstrated hands-on successes in performance marketing within strategic and operational contexts. You are comfortable leveraging data & analytics to direct the deployment of the advertising budget while also possessing the expertise to implement omni-channel media buying across varying platforms. You are a self-starter with a bias for action and someone who approaches challenges with curiosity and humility. You are highly strategic and also hands-on, executing the day-to-day operations of paid media while also leading others to success. Our next Director of Paid Media will join our team of marketers, community builders, and content creators to work in a way that creates safety and comfort for themselves and others, to live with authenticity, and to take every opportunity to enable and amplify the trans joy and power that we seek to enrich in the world.
- Lead the entire D2C paid acquisition roadmap, including B2B, B2C, and B2B2C planning, buying, A/B testing, monitoring, and optimization across all paid channels including paid social, paid search, podcasts, and more to attain goals set with the executive team
- Build measurement plans inclusive of KPIs, methodologies and benchmarks to understand success drivers and growth levers by country, audience, channel and tactic – all the way through to sales data
- Manage budgets for all channels of paid search / social advertising, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, YouTube, and more with a strong eye towards efficiency and performance metrics, such as CAC, LTV, and Churn
- Media plan and buy on key platforms, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Partner cross-functionally with Content & Community Plumies to turn creative assets into high-performing ad units
- Operate with a growth mindset, consistently testing & refining your approach while striving for greater efficiencies
- Support Plume’s goals and KPIs by studying and implementing relevant industry trends, including but not limited to emerging technologies, best practices, and optimization strategies
- Perform campaign and traffic analysis related to paid digital traffic and other sources & mediums and provide regular reporting on performance and KPIs
- Experience working with and/or deep empathy for the trans community
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices around inclusive, gender-expansive language (experience communicating with the trans community is strongly preferred)
- Experience with marketing a life-changing decision
- 7+ years of marketing experience with demonstrated success in creating paid media strategies and omni-channel campaigns across all major advertising channels
- Experience managing advertising budgets of $200k+ per month to successfully improve outcomes
- Analytical mindset to shape, report, and improve key marketing KPIs with a strong numbers orientation and a curiosity about experimentation
- 5+ years of experience in planning and media buying within Google ads, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Tumblr, TikTok ad platforms, and more!
- Familiarity and comfort with operating a unique & special ad category
- Familiarity and comfort with marketing a life changing product, service, or decision
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience actively managing agency relationships
- Experience with or a willingness to operate within a scrappy, resourceful, and remote startup environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously with a strong appreciation for time management, accountability, and prioritization
- Cross-disciplinary experience within marketing, including but not limited to graphic design, content marketing, market research, etc
- SEO/SEM experience – strategy, keyword search, competitive research, technical audits, etc
- Prior experience working in startups, healthcare, and/or marketing agencies is valued. Health-Tech SaaS Startup experience is a plus!
- Experience working with influencers and user generated content
- Experience delivering and presenting key findings and best practices in regular dashboard reporting and wrap-up reports
- Competitive Salary DOE and commensurate with market
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 18 Company Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Free mental health subscriptions (Betterhelp, Headspace)
- Free Plume Membership
- Work for a mission driven company that is changing the world
Plume is an equal opportunity employer. Trans and gender non-confirming individuals, particularly those who identify as people of color, are strongly encouraged to apply. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume at
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.