House Buyers of America
House Buyers of America is looking for a Director of Purchasing who will oversee all Purchasing, Estimating, and Contracts Management. This position is fully remote.
The Director of Purchasing will manage the design and product selection of each house and develop and manage strict design and quality standards. Hire and manage all purchasing staff and develop all policies and procedure manuals. Develop detailed scopes of work, estimate jobs, bid out jobs, and hire/fire contractors for each job to ensure efficient and timely completion of each project. All jobs must meet strict timelines and budget requirements. The Director of Purchasing plays an integral in ensuring that House Buyers develops a solid reputation of selling high quality homes and having excellent customer service.
What you will do:
- Oversee all Purchasing, Estimating, and Contracts Management.
- Negotiate the lowest cost possible (national production builder pricing) while maintaining high quality. Continuously source new suppliers and trade contractors to help drive down cost of construction and improve quality, service and turnaround time.
- Creatively source new products to help lower cost and improve quality/aesthetic appeal of our houses.
- Manage the design and product selection of all homes. Help value engineer and improve the design and layout of houses. Update all design documents regularly to keep up to date.
- Oversee all estimating, update construction estimating spreadsheets/software to ensure accurate job estimations and minimal construction costs.
- Recruit, hire and manage purchasing staff.
- Implement quality control inspections to ensure all houses meet House Buyers’ design and quality standards.
- Develop detailed estimates for each job.
- Manage contracts for all trades and subcontractors. Develop detailed scope of work for renovations.
- Work with Project Managers to assist in scheduling trades. Help ensure that trades are scheduled efficiently and accurately.
- Create and manage a schedule for each job.
- Bid out renovations and hire, manage, train and, when necessary, fire General Contractors and subcontractors. Work with Project Managers to ensure that work is completed on time and within budget.
- Respond to home inspection items (punch lists) from customer walkthroughs in a timely manner and emergencies within 2 hours. Work with Sales and customers directly to resolve repair issues to help ensure settlements go smoothly.
- Update House Buyers’ property database and reports to track every detail of construction. Manage all paperwork and electronic files in a timely and organized way.
- Work in conjunction with CEO and Director of Construction to develop strategic direction for the Construction Department and the company as a whole.
- Assist in developing and updating Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual and Construction Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. Being a fast-paced and dynamic company, House Buyers employees can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties when necessary.
- Minimum 2-5 years of director level experience in home building or major home remodeling having overseen Purchasing, Contracts Management, and Production.
- 10-15 years experience in residential construction.
- Good computer skills, especially using Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum.
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 27% in Q2 of 2021 vs Q2 of 2020!
- We’re growing fast! Our Q2YTD 2021 acquisitions increased by 43% compared to 2020!
- We’re profitable! Our net profit increased in Q2YTD 2021 by 33% for the same time last year!
- Our margins are growing – Our gross margin (%) increased 29% in Q2YTD 2021 for the same time last year!
- We’re in the middle of a rapid, nationwide expansion. So far in 2021 we launched into six new markets – Hampton Roads, Richmond, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Philadelphia and Atlanta… and more to come!
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We buy, renovate, and resell a high volume of homes offering a guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell their house without paying a Realtor commission. We have a history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of houses. Our Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. We are active members of the Forbes Real Estate Council.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age. www.HouseBuyersOfAmerica.com
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.