TEGNA’s Director of Product Marketing is a natural leader, responsible for representing the voice of the customer while blending our product strategy with the tactics we need to drive customer success and revenue. You will play a key leadership role in shaping the future of product marketing at TEGNA, working closely with other members of the Ad Sales Marketing team to achieve organizational objectives. You will partner with product leadership on planning and roadmaps based on customer feedback, drive positioning and messaging of new features, and oversee the creation of go-to-market (GTM) plans that increase awareness and usage of our solution suite among our target audiences of media agencies, national brands, and local brands. As the Director of Product Marketing, you will serve as the primary spokesperson and evangelist for our products with external and internal audiences. As new features and solutions are crafted, you will guide them through the branding and messaging process before launching them publicly across paid, owned, and earned channels. Compensation Range:$140-160k
- You will be an expert on our buyers – who are they, how they buy, their role in the customer journey, their primary pain points, and their key buying criteria. You’ll leverage these insights to lead the creation and maintenance of buyer personas.
- Using market evidence and feedback from sales and customers alike, you will translate this knowledge to lead the development of codified product positioning and messaging across TEGNA’s solution suite (linear, digital, OTT, podcasts) that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales force to be successful.
- Your team will build core content that articulates our various products’ value propositions in a thoughtful and compelling way, demonstrating consistency across all touchpoints (e.g. website, customer pitch decks, blog posts, webinars, FAQs, videos, etc.).
- You will lead feature naming, messaging, and rollout communications for new product experiences and capabilities.
- You will deeply understand the competitive landscape and serve as an expert on TEGNA’s competitive set so that we are uniquely differentiated in-market
- Your team will collaborate with other members of the marketing team (namely our Activation/Go-To-Market and Content Marketing leads) to develop innovative programs that drive new demand and retention.
- You will lead the Manager of Product Marketing in continuously identifying prime candidates for case studies and key input for each: the business challenge, our solution, and the results.
- You have a strong attention to detail and great eye for quality, along with a passion for customer centricity – especially the ability to grasp and present our products’ value propositions in a way that resonate and clearly articulate how we uniquely solve our buyers’ pain points.
- You are obsessed with tracking performance of the programs and tactics you and your team devise, collaborating with other members of the team to assess what’s working (and what isn’t) – and then optimize accordingly. You will lead the Manager of Product Marketing in ongoing performance reporting.
- In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales – a balancing act that requires strong diplomacy and the confidence to push back or dive in. Your partnership with product managers will drive product improvements and innovation, and you’ll help present key customer feedback in the product development process.
- Twice a year, you will develop a 6-month product marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- You will deeply understand and support our sales channels and play an integral role in enabling sales on the product marketing collateral you and your team create – especially how we solve for our buyers’ pain points through key features in our solution suite. As needed, you will oversee the development of internal tools and collateral to teach sales how and when to use them.
- Bachelor’s degree in any related field
- 10+ years of product marketing experience with at least 5 years of experience in an externally facing role
- Highly proficient in the advertising, media, and AdTech space and lexicon
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Teams, and Matrix and/or Salesforce, as well as in marketing technology, including Google Analytics, WordPress, ConstantContact, Zoom Webinars, and more.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Experience working closely with internal design/creative teams to bring ideas to life
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Strong public speaking skills, comfortable in front of large, executive groups as well as a highly engaged salesforce
- Outstanding writing and storytelling skills, especially within the advertising and media environment, with experience distilling big ideas and concepts into simple and well understood collateral
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties. You will also have one direct report but must also be skilled in influencing those not in your reporting chain.
- Outstanding leadership skills and an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- MBA and/or Pragmatic Institute Certified
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
- Attention To Detail
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Experience
Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
New York, NY
Media – Journalism – Newspaper, Sales, Marketing
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.