Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy’s is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy’s ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy’s (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy’s top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy’s. Macy’s stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy’s is the “Academy” for retail careers.
- Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you’ll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
As the Director, Store Manager, you will lead a team of People Leaders and Colleagues to drive sales and sell with focus on the customer. As a Leader, you will ensure that a clean, neat and organized shopping environment is maintained, and you will lead initiatives and related efforts to increase customer loyalty, while delivering excellence in customer service. You will also be responsible for training, coaching and developing a team of People Leaders and Colleagues, as well as other duties as assigned. This role reports to the Divisional Vice President and is a developmental step to Senior Director, Store Manager.
- Analyze Store’s business to strategize and deliver results; implement action plans focusing on deficient areas and highlight growth opportunities.
- Drive and exceed sales goals through coaching, feedback and recognition; optimize productivity and efficiency.
- Review Sales, Customer Experience, and Star Rewards results and strategize action for continued improvement.
- Review and utilize data to provide colleague recognition; develop and communicate strategies to improve results.
- Create and implement strategies to drive the Star Rewards Program by setting clear expectations for People Leaders to reinforce the benefits of new accounts and by motivating colleagues to solicit Star Rewards.
- Strategize, plan and execute events and community outreach. Ensure execution through People Leaders.
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Assume leadership and development role through effective total store communication, staff development and implementation of selling priorities.
- Partner with division team to plan and execute floor moves, merchandise placement and sales promotion set-ups.
- Ensure merchandising presentation and pricing / signing accuracy meet company standards.
- Lead customer service culture in the store. Ensure colleagues engage with customers and provide a friendly and easy to shop environment.
- Ensure exemplary service and selling capability is delivered by role modeling selling and service skills to influence positive performance among others.
- Work with People Leaders to build the client relationship between Macy’s Stylists and customers through MyClient and other customer acquisition initiatives.
- Ensure most effective sales floor coverage through the development of workforce solutions; lead selling initiatives throughout the store as needed.
- Lead a team of People Leaders and colleagues.
- Align the team to complete all operational activities in store when needed, including price changes, ad setup/takedown, merchandising, fulfillment and RTVs driven by Workload Planning Meeting.
- Develop People Leader and Hourly Colleague talent. Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis.
- Conduct ongoing talent analysis of colleagues; establish career progression plans for key players and positions; ensure retention of best talent and reduce turnover.
- Actively participate in the recruitment process and fill open Executive positions, prioritizing internal movement, commission and high-level selling areas.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum of 5-7 years retail management with experience developing leaders in a department or specialty store.
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.