Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected] Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
- Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
The Distribution Center Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of their departments operations to include, but not limited to: planning, organizing, and monitoring the receiving, storage, and shipping functions to ensure a smooth and consistent operation. The supervisor provides support to employees and, at the discretion of the DC manager, other departments as necessary.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite, Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Manager, Distribution Center
Direct Reports: 6-10 Full time and Contractor Employees
- Determine appropriate equipment and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing, or receiving.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to improve efficiency or performance.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Document organizational or operational procedures.
- Confer with organizational members to accomplish work activities.
- Identify or qualify new suppliers in collaboration with other departments, such as procurement, engineering, or quality assurance.
What You Bring
- 2+ years in a lead or supervisor position strongly preferred.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions, keeping commitments, and asking for and offering help when needed.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate department needs and make recommendations for implementation.
- Must have exemplary performance in regards to attendance, accuracy, and productivity
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.